Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Acclaim II

iChris

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Statesman LS1, VX Commodore
What colour do YOU want?

As for the cluster, I'd think it would just slot in the statesman dash as its still coming from a vr/s Stato. Don't take my word for it though.

I'd think that you couldn't use a statesman cluster in a commodore because the statesman cluster has a digital odometer and the 3 windows at the bottom for the digital trip computer display, ie electrics that your acclaim doesn't have

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
Ya ive been told a few things and that its a hell of a job :/
Didnt end up going to have a look at it until i have done my research a bit more.

Well i love the hot house green, i believe it will look nice on the vs. I don't dislike my colour cause its a bit unique not common.
But i just find if you see a vs in that colour you will look at it and go dayum thats something you don't see everyday :p
The black pearl type would also look nice with a good gloss reflection.. Those 3 going through head at the moment looks like it will be hot house green we will see :/

Edit: I called up another member from just commodore and told me how he did it, and that its very easy ;)

Last edited:

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
Got a new toy !!
F2Gnp.jpg

ryflyy23

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spack
green could look awesome, you rarely see that colour around. or black. haha. both would be good as. i wish i had the money for a respray.

and with the stato dash, you could just keep your cluster and put the dash in around it, it would work fine :thumbsup:

and whats the new toy? i cant figure out what it is haha

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
Thats the radar detector :p
Yeah i need to track down someone with the dash hard around perth .. :/
Never taken dash off so not sure on how to remove.

The hot house green ive seen before on a vr, but he diddnt buff it up to show all its glory :(

In the black
60916d1236601753-vs-ii-acclaim-panther-black-lpg-18in-vy-ss-mags-immaculate-side-good-2.jpg

The vr in hot house green, he has done a bad job :/
SV300044-1.jpg

The good hot house green on a vy
386295936_2fda50065d_z.jpg

slmnvz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
how much did your paints cost dude?

Chilli_Red

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VX XU6
Debadged her got the crap left over any good tips to remove, "Without the electric wheel that removes it in seconds"
Its only for this and im not keen on going out buying it for 1 bit, unless i must..

scaled.php

Hold a hairdryer over it and it just rubs off.

antondude

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim 2
how much did your paints cost dude?
I only sprayed the ss kit and back bumper with cans. Each can had to get mixed up with my colour code which set me back about $30 odd bucks a can.
Primer your looking at about 10 bucks a can at least, and the same goes for clear coat.
In total with wax and grease remover and other costs i think it hit around, $120.

The sad news im re-spraying all the work i did anyway... so time to take it all off hah

Hold a hairdryer over it and it just rubs off.

I ended up using nail polish, a kettle with hot water and t-cut polish.
Thanks anyway ill try that on the strips when they come off soon..

Other then that had the other door bogged up needs final touches.
scaled.php

And the other side of car where someone has hit and door swings and trolly dings ...
scaled.php

At the moment looks like its going to be sprayed Pantha Mica.
I just had a weird dream last just then as i have just woken up, i was driving around and there was all these vk's in hot house green cruising around with me....
Whyyyyy i want to make mind up of paint job. What is this telling me >.>
Im just a bit concerned on how it will come out with hot house green, strongly looking at black, again Pantha Mica or Jet Black.. Ideas which black ?

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Nice work.

Have you painted a car Black before?