Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Acclaim subwoofer help

Giggity

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice 5.7
Im looking to install a 12" Dual kicker comp sub in my Acclaim, But I have a gas tank on the shelf, So I was wondering if there was anyone here who know precisely where the petrol tank starts and ends when looking from inside the boot so I dont puncture through when I mount the subs, Alternatively does anyone know of a place in adelaide that could build a false floor of say, inch thick ply so I can mount too that??

Either reply here or send me an e-mail thanks :) [email protected] (names ben)

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
my friends with vs/vr mount them to the seats.... no help here i guess!~ unless you make yourself a bracket to the parcel shelf or seats out of metal
not a good idea to drill through cavatie not just tank but fule lines to worry about if any thing mount higher rarther than lower~!

Giggity

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice 5.7
Hey, Having a gas tank means there is no room between the tank and the seats, So I have to mount on the floor of the boot

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
or a bracket above the tank to the shelf either way it requires custom bracket i guess..

Giggity

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice 5.7
Not being mean, But you obviously have no idea what you are talking about, the gas tank takes up the entire parcel shelf, there is no room above or behind it, Like all gas tanks into a VS

Verynice

Band
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice 5L
get rid of the gas tank :p

Giggity

Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Caprice 5.7
Solved the amp problem, Im mounting it on the wall just under the boot latch, Second question, Does anyone know the exactly dimensions of where the fuel tank starts and finishes on all sides?