Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Berlina 1995 V6 4spd Auto...stalling issue!! :(

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
This has exactly what to do with power steering issues? If you read back to the page before, you will see if he had the stalling issue fixed.

OP: If you need the power steering rack doing, PM me.

Now i come across another issue i was on my way to tafe and i smelt something burning and when i parked my car at the tafe car park i smelt burning oil....and i think the idle is fluctuating.....Im bit worried man, i dont want to drive the car back home then get broken down in the middle of traffic, i been told that the rocker cover has minor leak but, i think its leaking more than usual, i've already spent 1k in repairs but im thinking its a lemon :( i fix one thing on this car and now another issue comes along.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Now i come across another issue i was on my way to tafe and i smelt something burning and when i parked my car at the tafe car park i smelt burning oil....and i think the idle is fluctuating.....Im bit worried man, i dont want to drive the car back home then get broken down in the middle of traffic, i been told that the rocker cover has minor leak but, i think its leaking more than usual, i've already spent 1k in repairs but im thinking its a lemon :( i fix one thing on this car and now another issue comes along.

Welcome to the world of owning a car that is about 16 years old. Mine is a 93 and have I have spent about 3.5K in repairs, but at the same time when I repaired I upgraded to good quality parts. Oil could be anything from Rocker Cover gaskets, Power steering fluid, Rear main seal, Oil filter seal, Sump, I can keep going, but I think you get the picture. Time to get a few cans of greaser and start cleaning down the engine.

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
Welcome to the world of owning a car that is about 16 years old. Mine is a 93 and have I have spent about 3.5K in repairs, but at the same time when I repaired I upgraded to good quality parts. Oil could be anything from Rocker Cover gaskets, Power steering fluid, Rear main seal, Oil filter seal, Sump, I can keep going, but I think you get the picture. Time to get a few cans of greaser and start cleaning down the engine.

when the car is on idle the car rumbles heavier than normal...its not meant to shake at all..its not a good feeling.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
If the compression has dropped on one or more cylinders, it means the head gasket has blown. Then once you take the head off you need to asses to see if it has been cracked or warped. But before we start jumping the gun to that. Check to see how much oil you have, check your engine mounts. If they have collapsed then they can cause a very rough idle while in drive but not moving. Could be a bad IACV, TPS, Dirty or Stuffed MAF.

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
If the compression has dropped on one or more cylinders, it means the head gasket has blown. Then once you take the head off you need to asses to see if it has been cracked or warped. But before we start jumping the gun to that. Check to see how much oil you have, check your engine mounts. If they have collapsed then they can cause a very rough idle while in drive but not moving. Could be a bad IACV, TPS, Dirty or Stuffed MAF.

I would take it some where and ask for a leak down test. they will then tell you why the compression leaks are a curing, that is if its leaking somewhere.

I was thinking blow by, oil spewing out your rocker covers and poor idle can be cause by that.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Kick your car over, pull the oil dipstick out and see if you have any oil spitting out of the dip stick neck. If you do, then your PVC will be blocked.

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
Kick your car over, pull the oil dipstick out and see if you have any oil spitting out of the dip stick neck. If you do, then your PVC will be blocked.

I checked the engine oil its thin.....is it meant to be thin?.....and around the rocker cover theres oil stains.