Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Berlina 1995 V6 4spd Auto...stalling issue!! :(

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
Is it milky light brown? Fuel leak can make it run like a dog, depends on where its coming from though and how bad it is.

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
light brown....btw NRMA checked my car after tafe today and sid theres a fuel leak and something else is leaking too he reckons one of the gaskets might be gone.

Funny your so called trusted mechanic did not find it when they had the car.

One of the few things when I just got my VS was to replace the rocker cover gaskets and all the O-rings and service kit on the fuel injectors followed by the inlet manifold gasket, all these things made a big improvement on how it runs and starts up...

I have fun job coming up soon with my rear main and sump gasket, makes me wonder what is going to go wrong next :)

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
mate if its gonna cost me more money im gonna give up and save up for a better and reliable car i've owned 3 cars so far and nothing but trouble

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
Hmmm went down to the final conclusion of my fuel issues it was the fuel tank all a long i got quoted $320 sipplied and fitted.....this tank is giving me hell i have to treat 1/4 tank as empty till i replace the tank :( that could explain why my fuel was flucuating

Ghost

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Commodore berlina Sedan 1996
Never let it get under 1/4 or it will suck up crap into the fuel lines

James39

Gave up on VL's
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Acclaim & 1992 Holden Barina
mate i found a way to solve this issue install a brand new tank that way i can use it properly :)

Until the next time the pump needs to be replaced and they break the return line again...

daora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VS Berlina 3.8
Until the next time the pump needs to be replaced and they break the return line again...

i been told the something about the surge in the tank that needs to be replaced that will solve the 1/4 tank problem....will replacing the whole tank be benificial?