Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs Berlina Climate Control Help

Chris

Reaction score
the climate control only works sometimes by that im mean if you start the car and the the display might not come straight on even if you play around with the controls then after a few minutes it may start all of a sudden or may not come on at all.

by the way when it works the aircon and everything works the way it should all speeds etc until you stop the car then it could start all over again or it may just work the way it should

any help would be great

thanks

Chris

Reaction score
the climate control only works sometimes by that im mean if you start the car and the the display might not come straight on even if you play around with the controls then after a few minutes it may start all of a sudden or may not come on at all.

by the way when it works the aircon and everything works the way it should all speeds etc until you stop the car then it could start all over again or it may just work the way it should

any help would be great

thanks

i should have added if the display dosnt work i cant turn anything on or off eg aircon or heater etc

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Have a look in the HOW-TO section, there should be a section on how to remove the stereo head unit....use this as a guide to remove the A/c control unit and check that the plug is connected in the back correctly and that there are no black pins inside the plug.

Is there anything else that plays up when the A/c does???????? Try the wipers, cigarette lighter etc and see if the A/c is the only problem!

Let us know how you go.....Regards GUY.

Chris

Reaction score
I have checked the 2 plugs and sockets and the square pipe (vacum ithink)every seems to be okay there
And no nothing else plays up that i have noticed but will check that again

Chris

Reaction score
Hi Guy

Checked the plugs and sockets no black pins

checked for other things not working and did find anything that didnt work

Could it be switch unit or could it be something to do with vacum and is there a way of checking either of these

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
The vacuum WILL NOT stop the A/c from working...it may cause all sorts of problems with vent and temp controls though.

Is the display compleatly blank?

I'm going to see if I can get the testing procedure for your A/c tomorrow....sorry no g'tee though as we have had a BIG clean up at work the last couple of weeks.

I thinnk by the sounds that the control unit is playing up.....without seeing it not to sure...

These units are very expensive from Holden and even getting it tested can cost an arm and a leg. Check on a price on a secondhand unit but DON'T buy it just yet....let me see what I can do about the test procedure first.....OK.

Regards GUY.

Chris

Reaction score
thanks guy
yes the display is complety blank for anywhere from seconds to not at all. but as i said in the first post when it does display it is perfectly normal in its operation all speeds hot ,cold, aircon etc

thanks again

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
im looking at a typical climate control circuit here, from what i can see, it will more than likely be a loose fuse holder or dodgy fuse, if the circuitry was playing up, it will just give up, refer to your owner's manual or service book and have alook what fuse it will be, it's either oen of the following fuses,1, 16, 9, 25, or 10, either that or you illumination module is actualy dead
if your illumination module is dead, follow gsmrobinson's instrutions, for removal and refitting, it's a bit tricky

Chris

Reaction score
Thanks Garth
ill cheeck the fuses
i have had the unit out to check the plugs
so if its the illumination module it a new control unit right

Cheers

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
yeap, sad to say i know, but the vs, and vt climate control illumination unit wasnt the best one holden put in, if it's that unit, replace it, im sure there would be a wrecker out there who has a decent one that isnt broken

i got a wrecker down the road from me, and all he does is holden parts, nothing else, just commodores kinda cool