Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Climate Control not Working Urgent Help please.

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Well can you still use it without the screen? Like does it turn on? Without the LP. CHK. Relay it will only light up the buttons and will not turn on. Double check it again. My money is on that.

calais_SC6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VS Calais
no it wont come on without the screen. Only the bottom light turns on where the buttons are. I changed the LP Check relay with another one in the fuse bay and it still didn't work?

Last edited:

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
Check and the wiring to the LP Check relay. Also try swapping the Start Relay with a good known one (High Beam, Horn).

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
If it's not the Lamp Check Relay then I have no idea sorry.

calais_SC6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VS Calais
Check and the wiring to the LP Check relay. Also try swapping the Start Relay with a good known one (High Beam, Horn).
its very hard to trace the wiring, will the lp check wiring go straight to the climate control?

I have noticed the top connector of the climate control the orange/white wire doesn't have power, but the bottom connector orange white wire does have power, could that be the problem?

Here is a little diagram:
Top connector (A) - goes to (B) = that is the where the orange/white (power) wire connects to which is dead reason why my main screen isn't working.

Bottom connector (C) goes to (D).

oh and quickly the drivers side electric window has stopped working all the others work fine, when l press the switch for the drivers window l can here it go click under the steering column somewhere??

hope that helps.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
For the screen to not show anything - I'd say you need power to the orange white wire. Do you have the wire diagrams? Most of the orange wire wire get power from the same place - some looms I've pulled apart have 5 wires feeding from just the 1 orange white.

I'd see if you can get power to that wire that has none.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll go grab the VQ stuff I have see if it's the same.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
The window will be a connector within the door I'd say.

calais_SC6

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 VS Calais
For the screen to not show anything - I'd say you need power to the orange white wire. Do you have the wire diagrams? Most of the orange wire wire get power from the same place - some looms I've pulled apart have 5 wires feeding from just the 1 orange white.

I'd see if you can get power to that wire that has none.

l got power from direct and it blew the climate control unit which l had connected to the top orange white wire, it did work then blew?

but the bottom connector with orange white wire has power, but isn't doing anything, because top orange white wire doesnt have power?

Chirpstr

A new project attack
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina M5, VP M5
It wont have power if the Check Lamp Relay isn't working. I went through of this with mine.
Maybe check the Start Relay which is under the dash. But you say you have blown it up so how will you know now?