Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs commodore opera house edition

Holdenman05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6
hi guys
Don’t know if anyone can help me?
Is there a Holden Commodore vs v6 opera house edition? I’m looking to buy one.. if so what do I look for?

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Twin VX II Berlinas - "Vanessa" and "Geraldine"
Having just completed an architecture assignment on the Opera House’s designer I can help you out here :D
They were a limited edition (500 built with individually numbered dash badges and key rings) released in 1988 to coincide with the 15th anniversary of the official opening of the Opera House. They were only made in VL and only V8’s. As far as I know there are no VS models although the VS build years do cover the 25th anniversary, so there is a slim chance they did another one, but as far as I know there was just the original VLs.
Hope that helps.
185648B5-0D9C-4317-AB08-292BAC0AC948.jpeg

Holdenman05

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6
Having just completed an architecture assignment on the Opera House’s designer I can help you out here :D
They were a limited edition (500 built with individually numbered dash badges and key rings) released in 1988 to coincide with the 15th anniversary of the official opening of the Opera House. They were only made in VL and only V8’s. As far as I know there are no VS models although the VS build years do cover the 25th anniversary, so there is a slim chance they did another one, but as far as I know there was just the original VLs.
Hope that helps.
View attachment 200308
Hope that helps.
View attachment 200308
Thanks I didn’t think there was vs but this guy reckons it’s a genuine opera edition and is a v6 he reckons they are very rare
Thanks

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sounds rare... like a one-off kind of rare o_O
Ask for a pic of the compliance plate. The model number needs to end in A9Q robe legit.

Last edited:

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ask for a pic of the compliance plate. I believe the model number needs to end in A9Q to be legit.

RiffRaffMama

Reaction score
Members Ride
The VL dash badge looked like this:
upload_2018-7-10_2-35-4.jpeg

And I’ve actually just seen this VP:
upload_2018-7-10_2-37-8.jpeg

So I may very well be wrong :eek: