Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Caleb alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs commodore
Hey, read some forms and heard you can fit 6.5 inch speakers sometimes in a vs commodore front and rear with a bit of work, was gonna run 6” in the front to keep it hastily free but what about the parcel tray, what soze can you fit in there, the covers look fairly big and was wondering what I could fit there

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
6" fit perfectly in the parcel shelf. You can purchase it make spaces to run larger if needed.

6.5" can fit in the pods with some trimming, but check the magnet depth, this is what catches on the windows with deep speakers.

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
6.5 will fit, I think the only issue is the screw holes fitting the pod lips, I think you can angle them in from memory, the back plates are 6x9 for extra bass but your going to need a amp to give them drive. From memory kenwood use to do 7x10. Note if your going to put speakers up back then don't use the back door speakers.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
6.5 Pioneers fit in the front doors by bending the screw tabs. The inner screw holes line up no problem.

knos

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Spac Sii
Put splits in the front. That is if you have the factory dash trim with the split covers cut out from genuine.

H

harrop.senator

Components and a sub. Even if it's a small 8" with built in amp. Good 6's don't have bass.

I run kicker cs 100w RMS in the vs ute and type r all round 80 or 90w RMS in the senator. Both of them had screw holes for 6 and 6.5" from memory.