Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Cup holder

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
Jus got latest issue of SC and in the DIY section they show how to make the hidden cup holders work. In series 3 VS statesman's the center consol lid has cup holders hidden away inside them, they have been plastic welded shut by holden to stop them from being used for some reason, cause they were in the original design but then they changed it or something. but in SC they show you how to make them work again with bugger all work.
now all i have to do is find out if the consol lid will fit on my VR consol or if i have to buy a whole new vs statesman center consol!!!!

R

rattattack1313

No need to double post things, mate......... so...how do you do it then???????

2_SeeK_U

Wheels on the bus go round and round...
Reaction score
Website
www.users.bigpond.net.au
Members Ride
1997 VS Commodore II
itchy pits said:
if u need some where to put a open can or ya large maccas cup ive found that drinks will sit happly between your seat belt clip, arm rest (center comsole), the seat and your self . In other words down by your left hip.I havent spilt a drop yet

works a treat :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

This is EXACTLY what l do!! Never spilt either!!

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Well if you can get one you need to take the plastic base off which is held in by screws (you should then see the secret cup holders). You then have to break the plastic weld that holds them in place once this is done they should slide freely. Next place the base back on(dont screw it) and mark with a pen the amount of fibreglass that needs cutting to allow them to slide all the way out. Peel the required amount of leather out of the way, cut the fibreglass and smooth it with a file. Then tuck the leather back and pop the base back on and wolla :w00t: .
I went to holden to price one and just for the center consol lid they want over $200, i also went to most of the wreckers in my area and no one had any :b:

scottr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive
have you got any pictures?

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
Na no pics mate cause i cant get my hands on one(center consol lid), and taking pics from the mag wont come out any good. sorry bout that.

I

iLoveJessika

if u want cupholders then buy a centre compartment lid from a wreckers that is from a vs statesman... they have a cup holder hidden under the lid that was meant to be a part of the car but somewhere along the production line they must have forgotten about them.. they need some work to get out but when u have finished the work u have ur perfectly good cupholder..

danny1987

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore sedan
yay i got it this is those cup holders for $50

Attachments

• DCP_0021.jpg
    DCP_0021.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1,269
  • DCP_0022.jpg
    DCP_0022.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 985

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Where do you put your iced coffee?

I had some made for my VL, could have either round (bottles) or Square (iced coffee). We went drifting in the forest for hours on end and never spilt a drop. I'm in the process of making some for the VP, but still undecided where i want them.
Sorta off topic, i have some pretty cool drink holders on my forklift at work :)