Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS dying

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I get the same thing on hard right corners or coming out of an Intersection to the right, I've been told its the swirl pot, I Jayant keep it above half tank or drive it easy once it's under half tank.

Taking donations of cash, card or full frontal nudity.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
bit over quarter of a tank.. if it sucks a gut full of air, it wouldn't start up straight away would it??

Next time you get the chance fill it up and go do some nuts. If the issue doesn't manifest it'll be one of two things, your fuel pump is weak/strainer sock is rooted or your swirl pot and in tank return line are degraded/broken. The swirl pot sits more right than left (volumetrically) which is why you notice it more on right turns when it sloshes left. I had the same issue with mine, but since whacking the walbro in even on the red I can't make it starve. You'd be surprised how quickly the fuel system pressure can push through some air, and that air is full of fuel vapour too.

Last edited:

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais RB25 turbo, VS Calais
ok cheers guys. ill suss it out over the next week or so. Thanks all for your help. Greatly appreciated

05 Senator

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Calais RB25 turbo, VS Calais
Oh yeah spot on man. Thanks a lot :)

Cpt Awesome

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 S II HBD VY SS , 04 VY S II Executive
Same thing happened when I finished a motor change on my vs ecotech. When I took it for its test drive I found I couldn't do right hand turn unless it was at like 10kmh. Turning right at normal speeds made it stall but no problems whatsoever turning left as hard as I want. Turned out the fix was from replacing my fuel filter.