Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs exec dome light upgrade

A

AKII1R

i bought a dome light from the wreckers today(with the map lights),

wired it up and the noramal dome light works, but the map lights dont. globes ok... any ideas?? i have no idea about electronics but only a positive wire runs 2 the map lights?.

cheers

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
that cant be right (can it?) the map globes must have a posative and negative to work

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
earth? maybe the map lights need a constnat 12v, try opening your door and see if the maplights come on

A

AKII1R

yeh thats wat i thought... i'll check the others 2moro when i take dis 1 bak.

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
An electric circuit needs to be a full loop from positive to negative to operate. The electricity will only pass through the bulb if it has somewhere to go. You need the 12v going into it and the earth connected to the other end (in laymans terms)

R

rattattack1313

Try it mate...just have a spare fuse or 2 handy......

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
One of the attachment screws goes through a copper strap that makes the path to earth ...you dont need the door open.The contact to the bulbs is the most likely problem either dirty or not making at all if the bulbs are ok.

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
bend the copper lugs in map reading light bit as they seem to squash in over time and need bending out a bit to make contact and chech the wiring erth is the sound of your problem like everyone else has said

A

AKII1R

thanks 4 the help guys. it was a faulty set up, wreckers gave me a new1 works a treat

cheers