Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs front on vx berlina? Vs to vx front conversion

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Wondering if there’s anyway to get a vs front onto a vx berlina. Front cut and weld?
Here is what l did with a wh bonnet & wh & vx ss bumpers.
IMG_20220117_102958.jpg

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Wondering if there’s anyway to get a vs front onto a vx berlina. Front cut and weld?
This has been rattling around my head, with all sorts of bastardised images, and after thinking about Lex's build (above), which is a like for like model conversion, what do you mean by 'front' ?
Windscreen forward, bonnet and guards, or just a bumper and grille ?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
This has been rattling around my head, with all sorts of bastardised images, and after thinking about Lex's build (above), which is a like for like model conversion, what do you mean by 'front' ?
Windscreen forward, bonnet and guards, or just a bumper and grille ?
Well the engine shouldn't be an issue. As for the rest, well I don't imagine it will easy as a "bit of welding". Best speak to this bloke.

1703131982175.png

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It will require more than one VS bumper. The VS is a considerably narrower car. So to widen it, you’ll need another VR/VS bumper. You’ll need two VR/VS bonnets.

A super strange thing to do. I think a Camry front would look better. The car will be worth nothing at the end of it.

WOFTAM

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
It will require more than one VS bumper. The VS is a considerably narrower car. So to widen it, you’ll need another VR/VS bumper. You’ll need two VR/VS bonnets.

A super strange thing to do. I think a Camry front would look better. The car will be worth nothing at the end of it.

WOFTAM
I had to Google WOFTAM but yep that sums it up nicely.

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega

WOFTAM
That's what I was thinking too... The VS is a narrower car than the VX... I don't know how O.P will pull this off, and don't even think that it could be done by the end of the school holidays lol

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
You’ll need two VR/VS bonnets.
I was thinking about this, If you used 2 bonnets would be the same as cutting one down the centre. Its still not going to be wide enough.
Don't know how he'd go adding extra metal down the centre to join the 2 sides,

Therefore l think he'd need 3 bonnets. One to cut say 250 mm? from centre either side. Then cut the left & right sides of bonnet 2 & 3 the required distance to fill the gap.

Then there is the length? Is the bonnet(s) going to be long enough? If not, more bonnets are going to be needed?

The front bumpers would be easy after the bonnet(s) if successful?

F#ck! glad l'm not doing this job! ;)

Commo64

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE Omega
I think it's just another case of crazy school holiday ideas which never come to light... I'm now waiting for somebody to post a thread on how they're going to get their VZ Alloytec Executive to 1000HP :D

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I was thinking about this, If you used 2 bonnets would be the same as cutting one down the centre. Its still not going to be wide enough.
Don't know how he'd go adding extra metal down the centre to join the 2 sides,

Therefore l think he'd need 3 bonnets. One to cut say 250 mm? from centre either side. Then cut the left & right sides of bonnet 2 & 3 the required distance to fill the gap.

Then there is the length? Is the bonnet(s) going to be long enough? If not, more bonnets are going to be needed?

The front bumpers would be easy after the bonnet(s) if successful?

F#ck! glad l'm not doing this job! ;)

When too many bonnets are barely enough.