Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

jw.pfitzner

Fitzy
Reaction score
Members Ride
6 Speed Gen III VX SS
hey fellow commodore and other car owners :)
i have a slight issue with my vs... its not firing on all cylinders i think its the coil pack but i tried to bring up the error codes to see what the ecu had to say but it only came up with 12 so it thinks everything is a ok but clearly its not...

would it come up as an error code if it was the coil pack or not?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Spark plugs and leads generally always help either way

justbad4you

IF YOR NOT A HOLDEN
Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VT BERLINA/ 98 VS SIII MALOO (RED) LX SLR5000
if its a lead on a vs (norm t either the longest or shortest one goes 1st):boxing: if its an auto stick it in drive and rev it under load (if its a lead youll feel it miss) cheeers

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
No codes for coils.

Buy one of those cheap spark plug testers, you will probably find one coil dead.

jw.pfitzner

Fitzy
Reaction score
Members Ride
6 Speed Gen III VX SS
thanks for the help everyone, sorry i didnt reply quicker ive been running around all day experimenting with spares and **** trying to get it run properly again... so i ended up replacing the coil pack, got 9mm leads so i dont mind about that because i stepped them up from standard, and replaced all the plugs and still no progress so i went and saw my friendly mechanic and he simply leant over the injectors, wobbled the injector plugs and turned around and says "fixed" i said "what was it?" he says to me " it was just one of the injector plugs that came loose" yep i felt like a bit of a ######## i must of bumped it when running the power cable through the firewall for the amp... thanks for the help anyway people