Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS L67 series 2 Statesman

LS1 James

Donates His Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II GEN3 V8 Wagz
Ouch!! :(

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
with some help from a mate I managed to get it apart after engraving a mark to line everything back up on
assembly

100_8375.jpg

100_8374.jpg

100_8373.jpg

100_8372.jpg

Last edited:

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
I couldnt bring myself to cut one up it knowing how sought after they are and how much they are worth ,I thought about doing the shifter like yours but didnt really plan ahead At the time I just removed the original shifter to see how things fit and the found myself past the point of no return

i dont think you could do yours like mine because of the neutral lock out. doubt there would be enough room with the wood grain console to support it

also did u wrap up the cable? they are renown for gettin hot and meltin. so you cant change gear. alot of people use the fibre heatshield that u find on your aircon lines. i used air craft heat tape

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
i dont think you could do yours like mine because of the neutral lock out. doubt there would be enough room with the wood grain console to support it

also did u wrap up the cable? they are renown for gettin hot and meltin. so you cant change gear. alot of people use the fibre heatshield that u find on your aircon lines. i used air craft heat tape

I noticed your shifter sits a bit different to mine I was thrown off by the pro ratchet nob and realize now you have a Quick silver How does your lock out work ? & how much did the pro ratchet nob set you back ?

Im not sure if the lock out would be in way but Ive compared the shifter with the and cut out section is big enough so it would be a matter of lining everything and trying to do something with a boot so it all works, Also Ive just run the cable away from heat sources I never really had any dramas with it on the Pontiac and it used to run very close to one of the twin 3 inch pipes but I use the heavy duty cables

If I was going to buy one this is the type I would like Use http://bmracing.com/?wpsc-product=magnum-grip-pro-bandit-race-shifter-complete-kit

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I noticed your shifter sits a bit different to mine I was thrown off by the pro ratchet nob and realize now you have a Quick silver How does your lock out work ? & how much did the pro ratchet nob set you back ?

Im not sure if the lock out would be in way but Ive compared the shifter with the and cut out section is big enough so it would be a matter of lining everything and trying to do something with a boot so it all works, Also Ive just run the cable away from heat sources I never really had any dramas with it on the Pontiac and it used to run very close to one of the twin 3 inch pipes but I use the heavy duty cables

If I was going to buy one this is the type I would like Use Automatic Shifter – Magnum Grip Pro Bandit race shifter – complete kit | B&M Racing and Performance Products

haha ye mines a quicksilver, but i put the pro ratchet knob cause it looks a **** load tuffer than the quicksilver one. i think it around the $80 mark. theres a billet knob which i think would suit ur car to a T

13080534.jpg

mine is sorta similar, when its in top gear you can lift the knob and throw it into Park. but if its neutral or 1st 2nd or 3rd gear it cant be thrown into Park

i like the pro bandits, but i cant see me ownin a car where it would suit it lol

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
haha ye mines a quicksilver, but i put the pro ratchet knob cause it looks a **** load tuffer than the quicksilver one. i think it around the $80 mark. theres a billet knob which i think would suit ur car to a T

13080534.jpg

mine is sorta similar, when its in top gear you can lift the knob and throw it into Park. but if its neutral or 1st 2nd or 3rd gear it cant be thrown into Park

i like the pro bandits, but i cant see me ownin a car where it would suit it lol

I quite like that billet knob Do you know a part number ? I need a new one because the old siezed on the shifter and I had to use vise grips on it to get it off when it was in the Ponty

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
I like the first one very sexy

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Tailshaft in now in and everything is running very smoothly I even took the time to re grease the joint

100_8379-1.jpg

Also with help from a mate I replace the shagged out CV shafts with A heavy duty set hopefully they will stand up to more abuse

100_8392.jpg

100_8394.jpg

100_8393.jpg

100_8395.jpg

100_8390.jpg

Last edited:

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
how much did the heavy duty ones set you back?