Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS L67 series 2 Statesman

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
I'm just going to show here how the pods sets ups don't suck hot air as a
Lot of people seem to think also I would like to some data on the Mace cold air intakes to see if they are as good as claimed

These readings were taken with a 4inch pod & alloy tube notice the the IAT (intake air temperature) Is 20.75 degrees c this is with the engine at an operating temperature of 180-190 degrees f the ambient temperature at the time was 18-20 degrees c

000_0306.jpg

statesmandata4.png

statesmandata3.png

The next graphs shows the twin pod set up this time the IAT is virtually the same as the outside ambient temperature again this was tested in nearly the same conditions as above
100_9018.jpg

statesmandata2.png

statesmandata1.png

Last edited:

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
nice car and setup mate, love the work on the engine bay. Good on you for trialing all the air intake setup, will make a difference if you can keep it at or close to amb.

Your closed loop fueling looks like it needs some work ;) Hitting the limits there. Fitting up wideband guage and realtime gear next? do some tuning

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
nice car and setup mate, love the work on the engine bay. Good on you for trialing all the air intake setup, will make a difference if you can keep it at or close to amb.

Your closed loop fueling looks like it needs some work ;) Hitting the limits there. Fitting up wideband guage and realtime gear next? do some tuning

Thanks mate if I email the run to you would you able to have a look at it for me & tell what needs work ?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
Thanks mate if I email the run to you would you able to have a look at it for me & tell what needs work ?

That's no probs, can let you know all your options.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Last edited:

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
Huh ???.....

Lol this is what happens when you an I pad instead of a computer the message becomes lost

thanks for the link I found it very interesting

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
How did it compare to your data ?

vsl67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS l67 statesman
How did it compare to your data ?

Theres not much in it at all to justify spending the cash on a CAI ,in my tests the pod works just as well if not better that but I need to do more test on a 30-40 degree day but you've got to remember my engine never goes above 180-190 c no matter what the ambient temperature is so results might depend on a lot of other factors