Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vs-sv-limited

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SV LIMITED
Hi I've just brought a vs manual ute to convert my sedan to a manual, I am also going to swap the engine over, I'm wondering if it will just be easier to remove the old engine and auto transmission as one piece and fit the new engine and manual box as one piece ? I also need some instructions on how to remove and how to fit as I have never done anything like this before ! Any help or advice would be appreciated thanks.

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
Far easier to do it in one piece, that way you can do all the wiring run the hydraulic lines and that sorta thing with no engine and gearbox in the way! There's heaps of threads on this conversion but how your doing it is quite simple really, as far as engine gearbox is concerned . You just need to make body adjustments which will be easy as there's nothing in the way!

Vs-sv-limited

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS SV LIMITED
I thought it would be easier to just do it as one piece as not having to assemble / disassemble everything twice, I do not know much about electrics so was going to get a sparky who wants a cashey to come change the auto harness and epu to the manual one while I ####ed around with modifying the tail shaft and swapping out the pedal boxes !

Bowen

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX S manual 3.8L SP
That's what I ment just keep motor n gearbox together though I would change clutch , grind flywheel and put in new bearings n bushes while its out then wack it together n whack it in job done, wiring is piece of piss I would look at the how to's it's pretty easy even for a non technical person, save a couple of quid