Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS rough on start up, then fine

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
got em off ebay. injectro or something. rebuilt, flow tested and matched set so all the injectors flow the same.

i still have a slight miss for a first few seconds on a cold start. i put this down to a leaking intake gasket that i'll hopefully have fixed next week.

may throw some new O2 sensors at it also

ahh kk on the topic of injectors, what type of work shop would i take my injectors to be cleaned, rebuilt if needed and flow tested? just though id ask ya, thanks mate ;)

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
not sure mate, i'm in NZ. it was cheaper (for me) to get a set from ebay (same model) then to take mine out and get em reconditioned.

however some fit the later VT-VX ecotec injectors and say they run ok. although those injectors are rated at 3.5bar working pressure where as the VS injectors are rated at 3bar working pressure

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
not sure mate, i'm in NZ. it was cheaper (for me) to get a set from ebay (same model) then to take mine out and get em reconditioned.

however some fit the later VT-VX ecotec injectors and say they run ok. although those injectors are rated at 3.5bar working pressure where as the VS injectors are rated at 3bar working pressure

ahhh ok cheers mate

tyrefryer

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodores!
i posted on this thread a while ago as i had very similar issues to some of the people on here, starts up but if i stabbed the throttle it would drop revs really low then pick up...most of the parts on my engine have been replaced but the problems still there.

It might be a bit early to say but i think i found whats causing my problem, as my car is lowered going over bumps means things hit and the exhaust pipes after the exhaust manifolds have been squashed with almost 80% of the air being blocked i reckon...this would make sense as to why the problem only happens when i open the throttle suddenly as most air will try and flow thru at this time.

Anyway im gona change them in a week or two so il let u guys now...might be worth checking ur own car too for this, mine was squashed where they bend near the front of the gearbox sump.

PSYKO PHOENIX

AHHHH brain fart
Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS Commodore v6 ecotec
finaly back in the country! been on holiday for a while!!

so far the starting issues are not as prominent as they were 3 weeks ago, although its not as cold as it was 3 weeks ago, ill pull the kick panel out and get that memcal number to you asap

ofcorse the most anoying thing about coming back is that for some reason after sitting for 3 weeks my head unit has up and died so not i gotta deal with that 2 god damn it

but atleast the holiday was good!!

good to be back tho

CommodoreMan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive S1
heya got the same prob in me vr starts runs rough as guts for a few secs then fine cept it doesnt run rough in cold weather it does after sitting in the sun for awhile then sometimes it dosent do it at all so im stumped i did notice my battery light is brighter in the cold morning then the warm afternoon so ill try replacing the battery

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
or the alternator brushers are stuffed or the cable has some corrosion on the end. when its warm/hot there is more resistance.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
if u can, replace the cable with a new one, if u can afford it go a bit thicker cable.

JA2Z

Reaction score
Website
www.studiomarban.com
Members Ride
VT 5L, WH LS1 Stato (Daily), TDCi Focus, Probe V6
CommodoreMan,

Try removing, cleaning the seats and reinstalling your Injectors.

I had this issue when i upgraded my injectors. Apparently i was getting the slightest vac leak around one of my injectors until a little warmth from the engine expanded the components and closed the leak.

I removed them, cleaned the seats and put them back in.... Problem solved.

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
CommodoreMan,

Try removing, cleaning the seats and reinstalling your Injectors.

I had this issue when i upgraded my injectors. Apparently i was getting the slightest vac leak around one of my injectors until a little warmth from the engine expanded the components and closed the leak.

I removed them, cleaned the seats and put them back in.... Problem solved.

yes but your specific problem started when u replaced ur injectors, good to have in this thread but not relivent to CommodoreMan's problem. :thumbsup: