Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS S2 Instrument cluster into S3

imrhoss

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Statesman, 2013 VE II SV6 Thunder Ute.
Post some pics when ya finished. Cheers

Sure will! Got the exact same paint as you did now just waiting for the leds to arrive and a couple of other stuff.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

St3PhEnN

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs Calais 3.8
I did the blue led conversion thing on my cluster and while the green was gone the red didn't light up very well with the blue leds. See the first pic.

What I did was sandpaper the green film of the back of the cluster plates (Don't sand the bits that you want to stay red) and used a translucent blue paint on the bits I wanted to highlight as blue. You need to give it about 6 to 7 coats.

I replaced the blue leds with white leds and now I have blue with the original red back on the cluster.

View attachment 163845View attachment 163842View attachment 163843View attachment 163844View attachment 163846

I've done exactly what you've shown to do but I'm wondering how did you get the light to cover the whole rpm gauge and speedo gauge so well???? Mine doesn't show the 0-4000 on the rpm and 100-220 on the speedo very well, any ideas of how I could fix this??