Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS SL/R 5000 does exist

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Sheesh and here I thought Regency went over it with a fine tooth comb.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
No problems getting rego in SA for it. I have taken 2 QLD vehicles for SA rego and they just checked engine and body numbers matched with the last rego state. The only bad part is you can't make an appointment, just turn up and wait an hour or more for your turn at the 1 and only SA inspection station.

If rego has expired, it will need a permit or trailer. Have seen inspections done without the vehicle even leaving the trailer.
There is also lonsdale, and if your lucky to be more than a 100km from the cbd you just need to go to a local police station...Ive heard Lonsdale is a little less daunting than regency...also if regency is having a quite day they may just do a tier 3 check...

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
There is also lonsdale.....Ive heard Lonsdale is a little less daunting than regency...also if regency is having a quite day they may just do a tier 3 check...
Being near Port Adelaide, I don't venture much over the hill to Mexico.
The inspection station at Regency Park is at a separate location to the defect removal place, have only been there 1 time.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
Then the dash layout was a fantastic modernising of a 70's dated theme.

It might have been ok at the time, but you can't honestly say it's aged well?

But to be fair, very little from the 80's has...:eek:

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
To be brutally honest every dash in today's cars look damm boring and much the same as each other. The amount of engine information is deplorable, just a fuel and temp gauge along with a giant speedo and a silly little tacho that's not even needed in the average 4 cylinder.

The VL dash had Oil pressure along with a charging (volt not amp) gauge as standard in Berlina upwards, something that was started in the HT Monaros onwards. As previously mentioned it still looks very individual and crisp today and those graph facias are absolutely gold IMHO.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Sheesh and here I thought Regency went over it with a fine tooth comb.

They can....If they see something with an interstate vehicle (using this thread to say within the topic), they can go through the vehicle, finding faults if they exist.....

However generally, providing the car is neatly presented, with the usual things being in good visial condition, they just do a few checks with numbers and send you on your merry way

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
There is also lonsdale, and if your lucky to be more than a 100km from the cbd you just need to go to a local police station...Ive heard Lonsdale is a little less daunting than regency...also if regency is having a quite day they may just do a tier 3 check...

Weird one....I have rellies in the riverland and they have been sent to Regency for a reg check, with an interstate car.

A mate who lives near Balaklava, also had to taker an interstate car to Regency for a check...Initially, he went to Mallala cop shop, but they moved him onto Regency Park

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Just as we are talking about Regency Park inspection station, I took my VS Series II Calais through there and it flew through the numbers check as it came from Victoria and all was up to date. They swooned over it a bit and had me do all the bonnet lifting etc. and within 15 minutes I was free to go. Strangely though I seemed to jump the queue while others that were there before me still hadn't had their cars seen to. One poor guy had his car up on the hoist and got called into the soundproof booth at the rear and there was a lot of desk slamming and wall kicking going on and then the door open and the guy left with his head down and muttering obscenities as he left, meanwhile the vehicle he brought in stayed up on the hoist indefinitely. Obviously the guy bought a hot car from over the border and did his dough.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Weird one....I have rellies in the riverland and they have been sent to Regency for a reg check, with an interstate car.

A mate who lives near Balaklava, also had to taker an interstate car to Regency for a check...Initially, he went to Mallala cop shop, but they moved him onto Regency Park
They must have changed the rule.....bit rough making someone drive 1/2 way across the state to get a id check.....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
They must have changed the rule.....bit rough making someone drive 1/2 way across the state to get a id check.....

The Mallala one was 4 years ago, whilst the Riverland ones were 2 years ago....how long ago are you referring to