Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs speaker install, please help

someaussieguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
Hi, i'm trying to put 6x9 speakers in the parcel shelf area of my vs exec sedan, but i'm not sure how to go about it. It just has that metal plate where the factory speakers go and obviousely the new one's don't fit.
Should i tear the plate out and screw the new speakers into the flimsy parcel shelf itself????

any help appreciated.

someaussieguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
Thanks, but i dont really know what the spacers are, do u just screw them to the speakers then the shelf? i dont think the shelf is strong enough to support it but maybe i'm wrong?

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
Thanks, but i dont really know what the spacers are, do u just screw them to the speakers then the shelf? i dont think the shelf is strong enough to support it but maybe i'm wrong?

hey mate if your useing the 6x9 for bass aswell id recomend that you put them in box's they sound alot better that way, its only like 20 bucks for each box and they preaty much cover up the hole and ifnot just get some carpet and cover it up, bold the box's to the parcel shelf. thats what im doing as soon as i get my amp in

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
te shelf's carbord/carpet/chipboard material will be fine with the 6x9's.
the problem with boxes is that they stick out like dogs' nuts.
spacers are just something made from either plastic, mdf or fibreglass. they raise the speaker up about an inch.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
te shelf's carbord/carpet/chipboard material will be fine with the 6x9's.
the problem with boxes is that they stick out like dogs' nuts.
spacers are just something made from either plastic, mdf or fibreglass. they raise the speaker up about an inch.

but the sound imrovements worth it!! unless your cautiouse about looks?

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
ive heard that its illegall to cut the parcel shelf something about structial integrity does this sound right?

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
ive heard that its illegall to cut the parcel shelf something about structial integrity does this sound right?

Cutting the parcel shelf alters the structural design of the car and is therefore illegal.

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
so speaker spacer are illegal? ive got boxes at the moment but i still have holes drilled in the shelf for the wires