Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs speaker install, please help

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
Spacers are legal as far as I know because you do not cut into the parcel shelf.

yeah tehre legal cause they dont alter the structure, as for holes. they might get up ya saying it causes a weak point dunno cant be certain

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
if a copper is going to try to defect you for holes in the metal shelf then he will robably not be bothered and just defect you for something else.
just be polite to the bloke and you will be fine, you would need to get a bloke having a really bad day for him to try defecting you on holes like that.

someaussieguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
Thanks guys, can you buy the box's from supercheap or auto barn or somewhere like that? anyone got any pics of theirs?

dufus

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
rickshaw
Thanks guys, can you buy the box's from supercheap or auto barn or somewhere like that? anyone got any pics of theirs?

You can get the speaker boxes at nearly any store that sells car audio gear. I have seen them at Supercheap, Autobarn, Repco and Autopro.

veeque92

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman SeriesII 5.7
if a copper is going to try to defect you for holes in the metal shelf then he will robably not be bothered and just defect you for something else.
just be polite to the bloke and you will be fine, you would need to get a bloke having a really bad day for him to try defecting you on holes like that.

If they do decide to defect you for it you have to get a shelf cut out from another car and weld it in place of the old one to get it off defect.
Do yourself a favour scrap the 6*9s just use good 6 inches in the shelf and get a sub for base. will give you heaps better sound without the stress of cutting up a perfectly good shelf.

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
If they do decide to defect you for it you have to get a shelf cut out from another car and weld it in place of the old one to get it off defect.
Do yourself a favour scrap the 6*9s just use good 6 inches in the shelf and get a sub for base. will give you heaps better sound without the stress of cutting up a perfectly good shelf.

so true lol ehh box's sound good jut buy em from wow or strathfield =D

someaussieguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
When you say cutting the parcel shelf, do u mean the metal bit or the crappy material bit on top, thats what i was going to put the speakers into??

mattgreen

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S Pack
When you say cutting the parcel shelf, do u mean the metal bit or the crappy material bit on top, thats what i was going to put the speakers into??

nearly any cutting of the metal is ileegal cutting of the woody carpeded **** itself isnt u can dow hat u like preaty much lol

someaussieguy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
Cool. I'm gonna check out the box's tomorrow and if i dont like them then just buy 6's and liver with that. If I have 6'' in the front and rear, how do i hook up a sub?

veeque92

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman SeriesII 5.7
Cool. I'm gonna check out the box's tomorrow and if i dont like them then just buy 6's and liver with that. If I have 6'' in the front and rear, how do i hook up a sub?

If you got a stereo with rca outs on the back you just hook up an amp and sub in the boot and run the rca leads to the amp for the sound.

If it doesnt have rca plugs then buy an amp with high level inputs and wire into that. If you get a four channel amp you can run the sub off 2 channels and the rears off the other two channels.

Ask at your local stereo shop they will help you out just dont be fooled into thinking that you need to spend big dollars on an amp to get decent sound.
Most off the boss audio or equivelent amps (around 200$) are more than good enough for a decent sound unless you are doing competition stuff.