Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS Speed Alert wiring

Dyso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
Hi guys/gals Ive just bought a 95 Clubby and she has a few issues to get sorted. First one was getting the dash working properly. I replaced the Dash facia as for some reason the one that was in the car didn't have a speed alert just a coin tray????? I got hold of a new surround with a speed alert but the wiring appears to be different. Any electrical gurus out there that can advise it would be appreciated.

Cheers Dyso

Attachments

• unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed-1.jpg
    123.1 KB · Views: 57
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 58

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
HSV 1995 Clubsports don't have speed alert as such. You can set an over-speed alert using the trip computer, but that's only a single speed setting.
I set mine on 130kps.

Dyso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
HSV 1995 Clubsports don't have speed alert as such. You can set an over-speed alert using the trip computer, but that's only a single speed setting.
I set mine on 130kps.
They do have this though?
IMG_2308.jpeg

Dyso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
Same facia but with a little pocket instead of speed alert.
Thanks Norti, Damn. Thats the one i had but I thought is was meant to have the speed alert. Well there's $250 down the toilet. So question is how do you reset the trip meter? there is no button to reset? Or is that done on the steering coloum controls?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Thanks Norti, Damn. Thats the one i had but I thought is was meant to have the speed alert. Well there's $250 down the toilet. So question is how do you reset the trip meter? there is no button to reset? Or is that done on the steering coloum controls?

Mightn't be much help but would there be an issue fitting the speed alert in....That being the case, someone could direct you to the wiring diagram to trace where it all goes to get it working, if you so desire....

Dyso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS HSV Clubsport
Mightn't be much help but would there be an issue fitting the speed alert in....That being the case, someone could direct you to the wiring diagram to trace where it all goes to get it working, if you so desire....
I just did some more research, looking at a few Clubbies on market place and it looks like the VS had this gizmo....a bit different to the one I bought. Doesnt have the speed Alert window

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 10.24.03 am.png
    Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 10.24.03 am.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 70
  • Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 10.35.03 am.png
    Screen Shot 2023-09-10 at 10.35.03 am.png
    483.8 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
I just did some more research, looking at a few Clubbies on market place and it looks like the VS had this gizmo....a bit different to the one I bought. Doesnt have the speed Alert window
Fits in the same space. So won’t need to change facia types