Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS stato 5.0 battery drainage

sxi ss

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss
Any chance of a pic or more details of how you isolated it? I'm hacking the same problem with my vr ss, or any idea what wire the previous post referred to being burnt out?

LTEK4NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore VE Omega My10 V6 6Speed
Any chance of a pic or more details of how you isolated it? I'm hacking the same problem with my vr ss, or any idea what wire the previous post referred to being burnt out?

go to your local Automotive store.
You will need.
\Half a meter of heavy battery cable.
\A Battery Isolation Switch.
\A few cable connections (Type/Size will depend on the switch you buy).
\A new Battery terminal connection (If you still have the original cabling)(the one i used was a heavy duty brass thing where you splay the wire and squash it under a bolt plate).
\A water proof electronics hobby box about 150/100/75mm

Now
\Remove the Negative wiring.
\Cut this wire as close to the terminal connection as possible.
\Strip this wire as minimally as needed to add on a cable connection.
\Strip both ends of your half meter of cable add cable connection to one end. and battery terminal connection to the other.
\Drill a couple of holes big enough for your wires into the hobby box and cut a hole the size and shape for the switch.
\Wire all this up in a logical mechanical manner, connect the interior loom to the terminal connection.
\Replace finished setup onto the Negative terminal
\Switch the isolator switch to OFF and try to crank the engine. if it doesn't crank your isolated. select ON and start your car. if it works your good to go.

Isolate when leaving to stand for more than two days.

Last edited: