Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS supercharged Heads on a vr Commodore...can it be done?

Cheddle

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSIII s-pak ute 3.8l 5-speed
it will be worth it in the end

chrrr

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Brolina 3.8 Turbo
the ecotech intake manifold will not fit the buick heads, and the buick heads will not fit the ecotech block

so you got two choices

1. ecotech engine.
2. adaptor plate to mate your current intake manifold/supercharger to the buick heads.

an adaptor plate is ideal and should give you more torque (a longer intake will shift the harmonics of the intake further down the rev range) and (given its a huge blower) not cause you to loose any power

the biggest problem you face is bonnet clerance once the adaptor plate is made and engine managment if you dont have it sorted already

are you aware that the buick has a map sensor (pressure sensor) that is incapable of reading boost? so unless you get aftermarket managment and a 3 or 4 BAR map sensor (2jz-gte MAP sensor for example) the ECU wont realize its getting positive pressure and will lean out and explode?

A simple 2 bar map sensor to suit can he had for $50US delivered from ebay.

neet_wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 XR6T & 1990 VN dragcar project
Maybe you could source a Supercharged Buick manifold from the US. They run the smaller M62(?), but I would think the larger M90 wouldn't be that difficult to mate up.

kokoda

Reaction score
Members Ride
97vs series2 v6 ute / rodeo
i have 2004 l67 can i run vr spac manual wiring harness pcm on it

can i use my vr spac manual wiring harness an pcm on a 2004 l67

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
Yeah but it won't have sequential injection and it'll need to be tuned. Run a vs Ecotec loom (with wires lengthened where required) with ecu and have an l67 tune burnt to the vs memcal.