Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vs ute or vt exec WANT OPINIONS

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Oh i didn't even think people would sell em on here. will definatly checking it out, when i get the car that is :p

BENJAMUM

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.3 ltr blown vy ute & vs 5L ute
yer dumping it would b the best mod outa the lot lol

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
My opinion would be to go for the VT, VS's are fast losing their value, and a VT in good nick will be a better trade in, if you decide to do so at a later date.
Also it's getting a lot harder to find spare parts for VS's, especially new(I know from experience..lol).
A VT would 'hopefully' have lower K's than a VS too, so less wear & tear, so maybe saving a few repair $$$, which could of been spent on better things.
Just some things to think about. :)

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
ive heard ssl's on the rear and sl's on the front makes it look good and even. does that rub or anything with 18's?

BENJAMUM

Reaction score
Members Ride
6.3 ltr blown vy ute & vs 5L ute
it would look good shouldnt if u get a camberkit and gards rolled but u probly wouldnt half 2 with 18s and bigger u might

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
My opinion would be to go for the VT, VS's are fast losing their value, and a VT in good nick will be a better trade in, if you decide to do so at a later date.
Also it's getting a lot harder to find spare parts for VS's, especially new(I know from experience..lol).
A VT would 'hopefully' have lower K's than a VS too, so less wear & tear, so maybe saving a few repair $$$, which could of been spent on better things.
Just some things to think about. :)

i havnt had any trouble with finding parts for my vs ute? and i got my vs with only 100,000kms on the clock so there are good mint vs utes out there

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Yeah BoNez coz the vt has been our family car and my grampas before that it has obviously full service history and has been in perfect condition, bout 183000 k's. it would also be cheaper than a vs ute. although i have to disagree that the vs utes are worth less. ive found they hold their value far more than vt's, but il likely only spend 4000 max so it doesnt bother me too much.

And Wogboyz ive spoken to you about the vs utes. id really like one, yours is sick! but i think getting this cheap vt for a couple of years, then buying a better ute will be the go!

BoNeZ-01

"..of mice and men.."
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 50th Anniversary
Yeah true, a ute will hold more value than a base model sedan, I guess it also depends on what you want to use it for?
Just transport, work, or whatever.
Only reason I say it's hard to get new VS parts is because of where I live, little town in the middle of nowhere, and no decent outlets.. lol

JAKE-26

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VT Exec
Yeah well will be probably dropping year 12 and seeking an apprenticeship in carpentry, kinda the reason i was thinking of a ute. i also love them :D
but i think the vt option will be the smart choice, though its not manual :(