Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS v6 owners check this out

nf_vrII

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 Ford AU II Falcon
VR's don't do this by any chance do they? I'm hoping not (I wouldn't know where to check I only know basic things about cars)

JAAV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon, 5 ltr ski boat, VS ute, VT calais.
Just a note for you guys replacing the terminal..Make sure you use a proper type of lug and tool. Seen some done with a single type crimp tool only to burn again. remember it has to carry 80-120Amps and most time the little yellow crimp wont last long. Use a proper lug and if your real good and quick on a soldering iron use it but dont let the solder wick or the lead will become brittle...

L33t_Of_Lag

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec S2
V6 1997 VSII. Intermittent fault.During start all ignition lights on ,turn key to start but no cranking. Start engine by removing start relay in engine bay and use jumper wire across terminals to engage starter. Have previously replaced ignition switch and lock barrel. Any ideas ?

I have this occasionally. But its usually just the gearshift (auto) also a delay, u turn the key and nothing happens, then all of a sudden its starts turning. Not too worried though

JAAV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon, 5 ltr ski boat, VS ute, VT calais.
Check you earth return leads as well..Test the voltage from the Alt body to battery Neg and you should have 0-.5 volt, if its higher than 1 volt look for loose, corroded , burnt wiring from the engine to battery leads also do the same check Alt to engine body, have had corrosion on the mounting bolts.... then check the same on the Alt output to battery.

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Patent Pending 1995 VR Series II V6 Buick
Mine IS Exposed & I Never Had A Problem...

Andrew426

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP calais, VR Berlina, VJ valiant, BG5 legacy

QuickVRII95

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Patent Pending 1995 VR Series II V6 Buick
But you drive a vr, its different.

Not By Much... It WILL Do It No Matter What, If It Happens.. (Arcs To Metal etc... Even If The Alternator Sits Higher & Above Right Bank)... Basically The Same Motor With Different Bracketry For Adding Extra Idle Pulley On Serpentine Belt etc..

You Should Actually Comprehend What I Typed About A 4 Stroke Too... Not Just Bits & Pieces On What "YOU" Think WILL Slander Someone...

kiddkelly

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS executive S2
Had The same problem, car just died one day, Alternator cable burnt out, got it replaced, then it wouldnt start at all, had the battery and alternator replaced, and it happened again?! can anyone give me some advice on where to start. dont wanna spend to much as i have spent heaps on what i thought was the problem already
?