Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS V6 UTE Fuel economy 20L/100km PLEASE HELP

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
Bumping an old thread , did the original problem ever get sorted?

Lent my ute to a friend who got 700km from a tank , i called bull , but after i filled tank to the brim , i got 650 with needle just under first white line ( no low fuel warning on yet ) , so could have safely reached 700 km from a tank. Its a stock VS V6 with zero mods and just over 360,000km on the clock. That was all highway driving , from ipswich to armidale and back , so hilly country and 50kmh towns inbetween!

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
sounds fine to me for that many k's on teh clock, best Ive gotten from a stock VR is 820km to the warning light (running bp ultimate) ...2 adults and fully loaded boot and back seat...around town Id be lucky to see 450k per tank...Im aiming for 1k per tank on long distance trips (anyone been able to get that?)
running the higher octane fuel resulted in better fuel economy which nearly offsets the extra cost...

Gus The Snail

Born to be dizlegzic
Reaction score
ipswich - on the right side of the tracks
Members Ride
VS ute S2 1996
Bumping again , just got 718km , from port Stephens to the first servo on the M1 ( caltex with maccas ) southside goldy. Mind you , i could physically hear the fuel pump it was so low lol