Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS wanting to stall from drive to reverse

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
yeah running some injector cleaner in it now, do occasionally put premium in.. spark plugs and an oil change are on the cards.. ive only had the car 3 months so unsure of state of these things

how do i go about resetting the plunger length, will have a look tomorrow is it pretty straight forward? will give it a clean

Also base idle.. where is this located? on/near throttle body.. still learning where things are and what all the sensors do

The plunger length can be adjusted by simple pushing the spring in a bit, until you get to 28mm, from the end of the plunger to the base of the spring from memory. It's located on the throttle body, on the opposite side to the throttle position sensor.

As far as I know, the base idle can't be adjusted via the ECU, but you can fiddle with the screw on the throttle body, I THINK. Maybe someone else can shed some light on this? What is the car actually idling at, in drive, and in neutral? It should be about 850rpm or so in neutral and about 750rpm in drive.

stockvp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec,honda civic,mazda626
your probably right on that but as for the stalling between drive and reverse i know it can effect it even the rack itself it all puts strain on it

silvr6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
revs in neutral sit at about 900-1000rpm and in drive sits on 900rpm

another thing ive noticed is its spitting a bit of black stuff out the exhaust.. could this be a sign of anything? only really noticed this since exhuast was put on

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
your probably right on that but as for the stalling between drive and reverse i know it can effect it even the rack itself it all puts strain on it

Also you'll note that the engine strains more when on full lock at idle when the pump pressures are highest and the most load is on the engine. Mine will drop to 400rpm if I'm on full lock and go from reverse to drive.

silvr6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN V6
it also feels like its going to stall if im at traffic lights stopped and go to accelerate sometimes.. nothing to do with steering at full lock but i know what ya mean