Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VS will not do a burn out

Can you do a burnout in your VS?

• Yes & Im Male

Votes: 47 82.5%
  • Yes & Im Female

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • No & Im Male

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • No & Im Female

Votes: 1 1.8%

• Total voters

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
its not the car. new gear box and full service and tune. (i do have new tyres on tho...like 3 days old). hmmm mayb il invest in some highways :p

MBS206

Reaction score
When my VR was auto, with the box fully shagged (Gears slipping etc)
I could sit the thing on the spot and sit on limiter in second gear and just disintergrate sets of tyres into a cloud of smoke.

Now I have the manual in, it's so much easier. I get it to just sit still on the spot also.
There's still a mark at my g/fs around 120Metres long of solid black line.

That's VR, V6 Shagged auto, with IRS single spinner.

The old mans VS lights em up on around 1/4 throttle turning right at the lights (Can be dangerous when ducking through gaps!)

I honestly think you just need some more practice, also, make sure the gear shifter is stuck in 1st not in D...

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
to the somewhere above, a right lock even with irs = one wheel wonder.

a little bit of a sandy road makes all the difference in a left hander :p

bulma*1 ticked over 240,000 recently, had the exhaust done but i dont think that'll improve the go, i dont feel any difference in power TBH*2

perhaps tranny wear is one of the biggest factors but also technique can play a part. in the wet i baby bulma*1 by habit unless im at a set of deserted lights then its foot to the floor till 50km/h :p other than that i prefer keeping traction, my driving skills have a very low limit.

*1 Bulma: Bulma is my car for those not in the know. all cars should be named :p
*2 TBH: for those WAY out of the loop, TBH is " To Be Honest "

Stupa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Storm
If you still cant get it happening, try putting some little taps in the back brake hoses. (aka- line lockers) and this will help you do a standstill coz theres no brake engaging in the rear

metalskin

get sum
Reaction score
Members Ride
73 HQ,VR & supercharged VS SS`s series 11
more cubes r needed

C

Crimmo

My 96 Lexcen (VS) with CAI can't do stand stills on dry ground but can easily do them around corners with the slightest throttle. Haven't tried the full wheel lock one yet though. I'll try getting the stand stills going again though. Would chucking the PWR button on help at all?

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
pwr button does sweet **** all 4 take ofs.

WILD VR CLUBBY

lack of licence
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 vy s
its got to do with the irs and elec gear box coz when i use to try the break accel method it didnt want to rev past 3000revs but as i got more skill full i learnt to kick it out around corners great fun any way its better not to do a standstill way to much wear

p.s i dont do burn outs on public roads
school ovels work better and while your there you can play soccer using the little kids as a ball

MBS206

Reaction score
Patrio7 said:
perhaps tranny wear is one of the biggest factors
Tranny wear can stop you, if the trans will just slip to full revs and not engage a single thing.

Even with my old auto gear box shagged as all hell, it would sit on the spot and smoke them.
Also people, it isn't coming down to IRS either, cause mine was IRS.
And the motor is old and worn out, no where near the quickest VR out there.

And if you REALLY look into how IRS works, you'll see taht IRS should help you spin the wheels up really, as there's no force from the opposing side, forcing the tyre back down.