Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt corner sub enclosures

Needsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT Commodore Acclaim
Hey guys Iwas wondering where i could source those sub enclosures that sit behind the tail lighs in the VT-VX series sedans. I'm looking at doin a little custom boot install but i want to be able to access my spare wheel so i want them out of the current shitty sub box and tucked away in the corners. Also anyone that has used them what are your thoughts on sound quality and any differences installed normally or inverted.
Thanks heaps.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
I have seen fibre glass ones on ebay quite often.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
What size sub are you using and how much ltrs does it need?

SJM38S

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Calais L67
Got mine on ebay a year ago, pretty thin, but moulded shape fits well. I have a 12" clarion sub being fed 800wrms and it hasn't popped apart yet haha
Sounds ok, but if I listened to it as much as and as loud as I used to (before being a dad lol) then I may opt for a stronger design.
Mine is loaded traditionally and te basket fits inside easily.
Cheers.

Needsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 VT Commodore Acclaim
running dual 12'' Cadance subs powered by a 1400W mono block so i need a bit of strength and obviously one in each corner. might be worth a trip to my local audio guy to see if he can get a hold of any or fab some custom ones for me. cheers the the help guys