Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Cruise Control stopped working

shueardm

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
It may well be that your original switch was fucked...and they do not 'screw' in...they have a threaded area on the end
The who knows, it was working since car was brand new until 2950000 kms - now it's fixed, I don't really need to know why :)

VX Clubby 893

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Clubsport
[/QUOTE]
Just a thought, but I had the switch thingy for the brake lights stop working (in the panel under the steering wheel - at the top of the brake pedal).

When I bought another one and replaced it, the brake lights started working but the cruise stopped working (I had to take out the cruise switch to be able to put in the lights one). It turns out that I didn't screw it in enough. They're in a very awkward spot, but is it possible that yours has simply lost contact, and may just need to be screwed in that little bit more??

Hopefully it's something as simple as that.

Good Luck.
Cruise control on my VX Clubby stopped working after having the brake booster replaced, light on dash cam on, just couldn't set a speed when pressing the stalk. BCRUZN was spot on, the cruise control switch thingy just needed to be screwed in further :) I totally recommend member 0081's procedure to make access easier, 1 screwdriver and a little bit of time was all that was needed. Great posts guy's thanks for the help :)