Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Drivers door lock stuck in unlock position.

INMYHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S2 Clubsport
Hi members,

Hopefully someone can help me here as I've just bought a VT Clubsport and within an hour I already have a problem.

So, when i bought the car, the drivers door lock from the inside, the plastic thing with the orange tab, was stuck half way between fully opened (unlocked) and all the way down (locked). I could still lock and unlock the doors with the remote. I tried pushing the plastic lock down all the way and then pulling it all the way up as i thought it was stuck. When i did that, I pulled out the whole plastic lock part (the part you need to remove to get to the screw to remove the door trim and it also slides on the steel rod). Now when i try to lock and unlock the car, all doors lock and unlock except the drivers which is stuck in the unlock position. I'm fairly sure I can hear the actuator working in the drivers door when i press the remote buttons and all the indicators flash etc but the steel rod that the plastic lock thing/trim slides on, doesn't seem to move.

Does anyone have any idea of what is wrong and how I can fix it? I don't have any idea of how door locks/mechanisms work but can follow a set of instructions to diagnose and fix the problem.

It is really heartbreaking to buy your first HSV, well first commodore even and to have something break within an hour of owning it.

So can someone please help me?

D

devilly

could try wd40,you might have to remove the door trim,9 screws to remove,it will move back and forth freely,then you have to push it really hard upwards to unlacket it.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
its not as bad as you think. the locking mechanism in your door is the same as any other commodore vt to vz. worst case scenario you have to take a trip to the wreckers and replace what ever is broken. we get fully loaded second hand doors at work, just use the door shell and chuck everything else in the dumpster.

you may have jammed the lock rod or something by forcing it, might have to take the door trim off and get amongst the inners and see whats up... could be something simple. if somethings broken just hit the wreckers...

BOOSTER

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX ACCLAIM S2 WAGON
It could be just missing a clip i would feel around the bottom of the door to check nothing dropped down other than that i would check the plastics for wear as they wear against the metal rods and threads no biggy i would be more looking to see if anyone has played around with the door before hand and if so why?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Probably just that stupid little orange clip thing not gripping.

Aus78Formula

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX R8 Clubsport
Any update on what worked? I see every other post is the same, no follow up, no thanks.

Last edited: