Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt faster than vr??? (i dont think so )

And_ROOS

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV +6
i have a manual vt 6, stock. Agreed that its sluggish when accelerating from low rpm in a gear however keep the revs up and it boogies. Put away my fair share of vr/vs commos even a few BA's. Depends on your launch driver and the car pretty much. Big generalisation to say all vrs are faster than vts, same goes for saying vts are faster than vrs

Thats pretty much it, once they get moving they can go, but off the line they feel very very sluggish.

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
i have a manual vt 6, stock. Agreed that its sluggish when accelerating from low rpm in a gear however keep the revs up and it boogies. Put away my fair share of vr/vs commos even a few BA's. Depends on your launch driver and the car pretty much. Big generalisation to say all vrs are faster than vts, same goes for saying vts are faster than vrs

That is true, I did like my VT much more once it had the manual box in it.

VT SERIES II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I have driven my mums vs and I didnt see a hellava difference...

The vt goes a bit better with the new exhaust :) also I always put prem fuel in (seems to run better)
But I do feel its alot heavier..as said above its around 300kilos heavier but I never carry passengers or have anything in my car so it goes alright :thumbsup:

My partner has an xr8 and he rekons it not bad for a 6 :yeah:

VT SERIES II

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
AWWW poor old veetees ....:cry: nobody wants em

I will just have to like them enough for everyone :dance:
Elle

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
the ecotec, especially a stock one without a tune are gutless at low RPM. they need to REV to get anywhere and thats not possible with stock converter and gears from a standing start

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT, Mazda 3 SP23, Hyundai Getz 1.4ltr
love it wheple do this haha i love my VT it wasnt good off the mark when i first got it but now im even takin like 04 model xr6's from the mark andkeepin ahead the hole way mind you a 0-100 in 8 flat from an NA engine kinda notes its been upgraded but its still fun. and think of what was said to begin with

hes got a stock vt exec with sigs on it. i coudlnt help but notice that when he floored it the car goes nower (its very slow). its a very healthy vt only done 180 000kms and serviced regularly. i have a vr with 220 000kms with cold air intake 8mm leads k&n filter bellmouth off and 2.5 inch exhuast. i must say that my car feels and does go alot harder

stock vt against a tuned and non stock VR umm hello *knocks on glass* obivously its gona be harder the VR's been upgraded

slappedvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr executive
umm heloo (knocks on glass) the vt has 17 more kw. and i was just showing how a car with less kw can go harder. theres no way my vr with those simple mods would make 147kw like the vt. its mainly because the vr is lighter and the vt's 17kw doesnt make up for the extra weight. plus they dont rev :)

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT, Mazda 3 SP23, Hyundai Getz 1.4ltr
hahaha if you cant get 17kw at the fly with a CAI and exhaust upgrade theres something wrong. my dyno showed an boost of 22kw alone from my cold air. mayb it was a happy dyno also it was a fairly cold day. but the torque curve went up too a CAI with a cold air should of given you a fairly good increase in power. either that or the VT was just ****