Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt faster than vr??? (i dont think so )

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
99 VT, Mazda 3 SP23, Hyundai Getz 1.4ltr
in between movin house ive misplaced my dyno sheet (we lost alot of stuff when someone thort it'd be funny to steal a box from my unit. see this is what ****es me off

192 rwkw, you must live on a planet that has nitrous oxide for air

ok green foam i must say if you are who i think your are i respect u alot and really admire your work if i could do wat you could do with electronics id b forever grateful but for christs sake just because u've never done it or you've never seen it dont think it cant be done alot of people looked at me when i said i would get a VT to 150rwkw using just bolt on's but i done it, everyone doubts me because im not a mechanic and i dont have a huge knowledge of cars but i have some great people around me who see dreams think outside the box and chase their own dreams even when noone else says it can be done and they help me and they work on my car with me.

in short dont think because u'd never try or because you've never seen it or because YOU think it cant happen it cant be done stop and think not everything is impossible *end rant*

Bz Kn33z

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VN V6 Turbo
sure it wasnt 192rwhp>? it just seems abit far fetched, have you taken it to the track? Gtech times? anything else that can back your statement up, and i think foamy would know what he is talking about he does tunes for a living and would know what will work and what wont.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
No offence I don't mind if you have 500rwkw but the problem is none of the mods you list are really worth much power so I'm also wondering if the figure wasn't in rwhp. I've actually been thinking about your quoted power for a couple of weeks now so it not a rash decision to question it :). I know my car only has about 150rwkw and I'd race you for pink slips based on your list of mods no problem :0

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
i used to track my Javelin and my 180 but i dont anymore there too far away and i just cant b stuffed really. as soon as i find my dyno ill post it but as for now im a cruiser.

and i think foamy would know what he is talking about he does tunes for a living and would know what will work and what wont.

im not spazzin bout wat he said im just saying why is it you say a number bigger thn wat most people re used to seeing on a commo tune for a 6 cylinder and they instantly think it cant be done? i mean its like my mate steves VL group A everyone EVERYONE even the mechs he had taken his car too said he couldn't get 600rwhp out of it NA but he's sittin on 660rwhp now NA. im saying everyone tends to think in the box and what drives invention and moving forward so to speak is taking a step back and looking OUTSIDE the box theres a whole other world to explore so im just saying dont be so narrow minded. im not angry its just a pet hate wen ppl pull me down so much confidence isnt my strongest point aye. also im sorry if i have offended foamy i didnt mean to he's a great tuner

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I'm unoffendable I think:p but it doesn't really add up for me. I've been wrong before tho :) I really thought that guy AndrewsVP couldn't make over 200 rwkw with the mods he had on his 5 litre but it went on to run a 12 second 1/4 mile so that power must have been on the money

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
actually i have a question which will make us both happy. do all dyno's show rwkw or are they designed to show only engine kw?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Either rwkw or rwhp, big difference between the two that's why we were asking if it wasn't rwhp. 180-190 rwhp would be what I would expect from that engine

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
thats a lot of stuff.. bet you cant wait to drop a blower on it and make use of those forgies :p

i have no intention of dropping a blower wanna try and get the fasteest NA VT in NSW thats road registerable. (makin up words now) besides that lookin into the 4.2 stroker kit :D

sway9

The Rejectz Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
well like i said once the dyno sheet is found we'll know but i got one reading of 250kw but that was flywheel power or engine watever the fcuck their calling it these days

Custom

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Exec
ofcourse a modded car will beat a stock car.. a modded corolla could beat a vy :s