Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt Getrag help!? Whining like its BLOWN!

Reaction score
Members Ride
"89 HSV Enhanced SV20
My Getrag Shifts like its new. Ive got fully synthetic gear oil and that Nulon tratment and its amazing. Mine whines in 1st 2nd and 3rd. If your outside the car it actually sounds like its got a supercharger. I think its sounds amazing. Ive replaced the cluch and while I was there the throwout bearing aswell but I dont have any problems at all. Oh and the VS has done 330,000. Ive been in maybe 3 or 4 Getrag commodores and they all whine like crazy :)

VS-S-PACK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S 5 SPEED MANUAL
My Getrag Shifts like its new. Ive got fully synthetic gear oil and that Nulon tratment and its amazing. Mine whines in 1st 2nd and 3rd. If your outside the car it actually sounds like its got a supercharger. I think its sounds amazing. Ive replaced the cluch and while I was there the throwout bearing aswell but I dont have any problems at all. Oh and the VS has done 330,000. Ive been in maybe 3 or 4 Getrag commodores and they all whine like crazy :)

yeah im gunna change my oil to full syth soon!

jwaye2

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SVZ, LN167 Turbo Hilux, VSII Ute
What is this gearbox whine i keep reading about? Ive got a Getrag 260 in my Ute. Had the car for over 2 years and ive never heard any whine in the box in any gear. Over 280,000ks and i dont exactly go easy on it. Maybe ive got one of the good ones :/

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
I got no probs wıth my getrag.Its all smooth saılıng..Only whınıng ı've ever heard when my thrust bearing worn out.Replace the lot and back to smooth sailing again..

Princy187

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS V8 Olympic ute
The only whining I get in my ute is when I take the missus for a drive lol