Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt mirrors on vn-vs

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
HEY! Where'd my bloody pic go??
Let's try again

Attachments

• DSCF0507.JPG
    DSCF0507.JPG
    13 KB · Views: 202

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
stackner said:
hey can you give us a nice full shot of the level 3 dash/instruments. this is something i was going to do when i fitted cruise to my vn since i had to remove the dash/instrument panel. and i might look into the vy mirrors to fit on instead. i can see what you mean about the vt ones being bulky i just though being a closer model than a vy they might fit easier. i just really do not like the vn mirrors. wouldnt mind fitting a vr/vs dash also ;)

Anything is possible but I'd start by measuring the rake of the "A" pillar of the VN vs that of the VT/Y. The other concern would be how much different the housings are and how the front window glass moves past the mouldings.

Reaper

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
Reaper said:
Anything is possible but I'd start by measuring the rake of the "A" pillar of the VN vs that of the VT/Y. The other concern would be how much different the housings are and how the front window glass moves past the mouldings.

Reaper
Housings aren't a big issue. Depends on how much effort you want to put in to make it fit.
The door glass is isolated from the mirror so it shouldn't be a problem.

stackner

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
i think i will grab a vy mirror and see how i can go about making it fit and something about the gap as the vy mirror looks sweet.

Lexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II S/C S
Let me know how you go or if you get stuck. I'm going to be out of action for a while due to a minor incident in the work ute ( Check It Out Here ) but I'd be happy to offer some advice if you need it since I can't be out there trying it myself. :thumbsup:

S

sobvngrpa

i have a VT MIrror i got hold of to put on my VN but i didn't bother ... anyone want to buy submit your offers . postage is about $15

It is electric mirror off a VT Series II Calais

VTSSDUDE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.7L Commodore.
Would a VT mirror suit a VN?

S

sobvngrpa

It looked okie when i had it sitting in place . but it has a curved edge where the vn has flat edge and it is a little bit shorter .. with some work it could fit nicely ... i just didn't have time at the moment

rivsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S1
793755BE-6A19-4153-B732-C9A3F17C8C19.jpeg
Now I can't focus on driving because I'm too busy looking at mirrors!!
I was thinking of getting a pair of mounting plates to fit universal mirrors to the VN and seeing what mirrors might fit the plate

What about something like this, off a Camry?[/QUOTE

rivsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S1
Hi, bit late to the party, but if anyone reads this as I only came across today, I’ve had Vt mirrors put on my vs base, These have been on my car for about 16 years now....only catch is you have to paint them..