Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT Redback Exhaust problem!

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Different people have differing opinions on what is loud and what isn't.

For example, I did a twin 3", extractors and cats on a VZ R8, they guy wanted the rear resonator taken out as it was too quiet for him. I thought it was loud enough. Then again, on our Senator, I think it sounds fine, other people think it's too loud.

Is the system you have the one with the twin outlet rear resonator?

VTandVB

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exe V6 and VB sl V8
i think the issue is the rear resonator. i have same set up and went with the rear resonator as its my family daily driver. i have noticed at idle its only a tiny bit louder. under 2000 rpm it has a nice deep drone but over 2000 rpm its a little bit louder than stock but no real improvment on note etc. i will be removing the rear and going a straight pipe if its too loud and drones too much i can simply put rear with resonator back on for family trips etc its only two bolts and a a hanger so prob a 5 min job. with out the rear muffler i dont think youll get much attention from the cops. i have a vb v8 with 2 1/2 lukey with no rear and have never been pulled over and its really loud. unless you have p plates or look like a crim youll be okay.