Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT spark issues

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
Thanks Lex, just found another spelling error, just one think, was meant to be just one thing, lol. Happens when you are in a hurry.

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Smaller plug gap will help, LPG is harder to ignite than petrol. Last thing you want is a backfire through the intake manifold on a LPG car.

I had a hell of a time bleeding all the air out of the LPG converter lines on my VT.

Bay 13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT.
Smaller plug gap will help, LPG is harder to ignite than petrol. Last thing you want is a backfire through the intake manifold on a LPG car.

I had a hell of a time bleeding all the air out of the LPG converter lines on my VT.
Converter gets hot so I say it gets water flow OK as the heater gets hot also, it needs to go through the converter before the heater tap, with the spark gap there so many opinions on it, some say reducing it to 1mm and others say no need as they work better with a wider gap, main thing is getting the correct heat range. I see how the power side handles at 1.4mm they say keep it to specs as that is at its optimum performance, going smaller will increase fuel consumption they say. Going to big needs more voltage and can misfire at speed. Now I wish I never adjusted them.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Smaller plug gaps will reduce efficiency, saw this on our supercharged engine when we reduced the plug gaps for higher boost and lost some economy at the same time. Been battling that conundrum since.