Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt ss Ls1 won’t start.. INITIAL PROB SOLVED ... starts then dies (Toyota Corolla conversion)

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Ok, going with an obvious one here so don't shoot me but are you sure the security been disabled on the ECU and its not a security issue causing it not to start?
Or if you've got the whole thing is the ECU matched up properly (ECU, BCM, Keyhead?)

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
I’m using stock reg
ok so u have external pump but stock reg (which are internal for gen3) so how is your setup working ? also what flow is your pump LPH ? some stock regs wont be able to return all the fuel needed to keep pressure correct, if it starts with spraying in stuff then just sounds like injectors arnt firing make sure they have power to one side and if they do then its the ecu not pulsing them so something is stopping it like mentioned or does it need a signal from auto/manual to stay its in park/ clutch switch ect ?

123esproc

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx ss vs ss
I’ve got this plug loose and not sure where it goes (see pic)... it’s behind engine and above gbox
I’ve used the complete wiring /ecu/ ignition setup from the vt ss including key /barrel etc
I’m using stock reg with a Bosch 044 equivalent pump... mate of mine with burnout car Ls1 says stock regulator should be fine
Security light just flashes constantly whether I’m trying to start or not (1per second?)
The engine will crank for a moment but then will stop, someone said it should just keep cranking over n over til batteries flat, is that right as well? Maybe a clue to what’s going on

Attachments

• 942E9E05-833F-453E-BB44-0BBD03D00F65.jpeg
    942E9E05-833F-453E-BB44-0BBD03D00F65.jpeg
    111.9 KB · Views: 111

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
The security light is most likely your problem. It's still on.

When you say the complete wiring setup, do you have the BCM, Body Control Module as well? The key needs to match the BCM and PCM in order to work.

As Lex said you can disable VATS in the PCM, which is just part of an ECU tune, effectively gets rid of the security function so you can use the engine and ECU in other cars with no issues.

Even someone doing a cheap ECU reflash should be able to disable VATS.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
From memory security light should not be flashing while cranking. When you turn the key to on it should turn off and stay off.

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
If I spray start ya bastard it’ll fire briefly
I took the valve out the end of rail and turned pump on ... fuel pissed out 3m from engine so I guess I have pressure lol
I need hi pressure lines before I go to much further... keep bursting rubber fuel lines
All injectors have 5.3 v with key on reds
I’m guessing it has spark because it will fire with the spray in throttle body
wait u keep bursting rubber fuel lines ? all efi fuel lines should easily carry over 100psi which u should never see anyway, and u say fuel sprays out 3m long ? sounds like your regulator is not hooked up right or not working, how do u have the pump and reg hooked up ? and injectors should have 12v not 5.3v so something is going on there they should be using the same 12v power as the coils ?

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ah so maybe that’s it then
What if keys buggered would do the same?

Yep, if key isn't matched, or damaged it would act the same. You also have the key reader and metal ring that goes around ignition right?