Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

vt supercharged, damaged

somerandom

Reaction score
just wondering how hard it's going to be to have it repaired (it wouldn't be going back on the road) so a repair job wouldn't be fussy about, with no respraying.. maybe a couple of fun days at say.. winton.. or else where... just for something to do..

The door doesn't shut properly on that passenger side door(by a few mm), but the drivers side-passenger door is fine with no warping or anything

i guess, i could always buy a rolling shell, but this is a complete car, the only let down is the rear end...

I guess you'd say i'm wasting my time, but I have every weekend spare :p

DSC_0003.jpg

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
How much are they wanting for it? Could be good for an engine conversion. You're not going to fix it if you're not a panel beater. As far as I know there's welding involved with replacing the rear quarter's. Needs new boot, you won't be beating any of those panels back into shape if I'm honest. it's too warped.

If you just want to take it out for a few skids the question is does it drive? Does it have rear end mechanical damage?

somerandom

Reaction score
It drives. I.already have possession of the car just not sure what I should do conversion or repair. It still drives and in a straight line

bonnet stills pops open with the button :p

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

Last edited:

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
It's got a lot of damage mate. If you try and fix it, you're gonna have a bad time and if you go get a quote to fix it you're going to have an even worse time lol.

I think taking out the engine and box, giving it a clean up and maybe a few mods and dropping it in another vt is the go. You've got all the parts there. Wiring ecu and all that. So Piss easy conversion for ya. Has it got an lsd aswell? Score if it does.

It looks like there's structural damage on the rear. Buying new panels is one thing, trying to make them fit is another. Then there's paint.

somerandom

Reaction score
cheers, i've gone with buying a rolling shell - see what I can find :)

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers, i've gone with buying a rolling shell - see what I can find :)

Good luck man. Also have a look for some vt's with ceased engines. People might be flogging them off cheap as.

somerandom

Reaction score
so far no luck with finding a rolling shell, however it looks like I found myself a a VT for $600 driveable, so i guess it's a start :) but need to drive 1hr 40 minutes to pick it up

lilpiket

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S, Vx S-pac (l67)
Where abouts are you mate...

My holdens better then your ford... Why... Because its a holden