Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vt To Vx (boot)

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
just woundering when ppl change from vt to vx bak lights do thay change the boot or do thay just take the garnish off?

a mate want to know thats all

cheers

glen_56

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt in progress
Just take the garnish off.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
The ganish and tail lights as well as the small lip of plastic below the garnish need to be removed for the VX conversion,using your existing boot.The VX garnish will bolt and clip and screw straight on,however,you will need to run a piece of wire from the right tail light to the left to accomodate the reverse light.The colour of the wire you will need to run it from is green,this is for power,the connection is already earthed on the other side.Goes without saying that you reqire a VX or Monaro harness.Make the conection on the harnesses themselves instead of the cars wiring.Just one wire,green to green.

Last edited:

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Or just spray the garnish..

Oh just read the post.. You can leave it if you want, but it will look gay. To get the VX finish you either need a VX garnish or spray it..

NVE_069

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wh Statesman LS1
yeh i personalt dont like the vt garnish on there i hate it when ppl leave it an put the lights in

EXCESSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
just go and buy the vx garnish and swap it on....looks better and its $110 plus painting.
If you paint the VT garnish you will see the lines around the reverse lights on the garnish.....and it doesnt look flash.

i just replaced mine instead of painting over and looks really good.

andrewgrazier

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT COMMODORE 50th ANNIVERSARY
does the Vx boot have the water problem the vt ones does??

jay_hman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore
beeks said:
The ganish and tail lights as well as the small lip of plastic below the garnish need to be removed for the VX conversion,using your existing boot.The VX garnish will bolt and clip and screw staigt on,however,you will need to run a piece of wire from the right tail light to the left to accomodate the reverse light.The colour of the wire you will need to run it from is green,this is for power,the connection is already earthed on the other side.Goes without saying that you reqire a VX or Monaro harness.Make the conection on the harnesses themselves instead of the cars wiring.Just one wire,green to green.

you didnt need to change none of the wiring did you, i just did the conversion last week, just used the vx wiring harness, all works fine.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
andrewgrazier said:
does the Vx boot have the water problem the vt ones does??
Never had a water problem with my VT,can you specify what problem you have had with water.BTW,I seen a few VT's while I was out and about today and some of them had the VX or Monaro light's on them,WITH THE VT GARNISH,Just plain wrong.

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
jay_hman said:
you didnt need to change none of the wiring did you, i just did the conversion last week, just used the vx wiring harness, all works fine.
What sort of car do you have champ?