Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VT VIN number for a calais.

JAAV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR wagon, 5 ltr ski boat, VS ute, VT calais.
Ok Guys doing my head in VIN 6H8VTX69HXL38****
Im trying to work out if its a series 1 or 2. The vin is coming up with a series 2 in a berlina not a calais. Date on the com plate is 7/98 but the Vin says its a 99. it was 1st purchased 2/99.
Can any one put some light on this..Im trying to get a replacement steering rack.
cheers.

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
6H8VTX69HXL38****

the 6th digit in your VIN says "X" which mean its a Calais

if it was a Berlina it would Say "L" instead, or if it was an Base model, which includes Executive, SS it would say "K"

i think they have a brake point for vehicles somewhere, vehicles built in the later half of the year seem to come up as the following year

my September 1996 VS comes up as a 1997,

if your really unsure give me the full VIN Via PM, and i'll see what comes up and email it back to you

JAAV

Reaction score
Members Ride

JAAV

Reaction score
Members Ride
6H8VTX69HXL38****

the 6th digit in your VIN says "X" which mean its a Calais

if it was a Berlina it would Say "L" instead, or if it was an Base model, which includes Executive, SS it would say "K"

i think they have a brake point for vehicles somewhere, vehicles built in the later half of the year seem to come up as the following year

my September 1996 VS comes up as a 1997,

if your really unsure give me the full VIN Via PM, and i'll see what comes up and email it back to you
MMM How do I PM you? cant see the link :)

exec24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina Series 2
its under start a conversation, ive messaged you just now so it should come up with some sort of alert/notification