Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VU Ute code 28 abs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU 2001 SS 5.7 Ute
Gday, I have ABS code 28 wheel speed sensor frequency. I have replaced both rear wheel sensors and new hubs on the front. Had the fault cleared but has returned. Have tested leads that connect sensor to abs module on both sides and they seem fine. Anyone else come across this fault. Any help appreciated.

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
No water got in the plug connector with this rain we had the last day or 2, I've herd water can set it off, electrical tape around it works. Also had a issue once with mine but not traction control but ABS it self one of the relays in the module went night night and gave me the ABS warning light, new second hand module fixed it as u cant change it over as its a sealed unit, you have to match yours all it wont work. Last 3 digits have to match on the bar code.

Vin999

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSedanS
My old ute abs once gave me an electronic issue and after I slammed brakes on a few times to just check abs was working, which it was, all was well after. I hate electronic gremlin.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU 2001 SS 5.7 Ute
Cool thx for reply, the car hasn’t been driven for last 2 weeks. The abs light doesn’t come on straight away, a couple of kms down the road then comes on. Are you talking about sensor hole in rear, meaning possible teeth missing?

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
The attached document from the Holden VT/VX service manual may be of assistance to you with your problem:

Attachments

• DTC 28 - WHEEL SPEED SENSOR FREQUENCY ERROR.pdf
    468.1 KB · Views: 355
Reaction score
Members Ride
VU 2001 SS 5.7 Ute
Does anyone think that a faulty ABS module might be causing this fault?

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Was mentioned, unless the sensors you brought are duds or the connection is not fitting tight. Some cheap sensors will play up so depends on the quality.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Remove the ABS connector. You may need to use a flat bladed screwdriver to lever up the handle that locks it in position. Give the contacts a spray with contact and circuit board cleaner (available from all automotive stores). Let dry. Replace connector. push down the handle to lock it in position, and see if that has solved your ABS problem.