Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] VU V6 mods

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
Cool, thanks mate, i can still refund the 12mm Manifold spacer, so you reckon change that in for a Insulator? (12mm or 25mm?)

Would it be worth going 12mm Plenum spacer and 25mm Manifold insulator? That with the CAI. Many people suggest a bigger TB but is that really worth the extra $$? its only a daily drive and im just looking for some more low down torque and a nice note.

Last edited:

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah, the 25mm for sure. 12mm will give you the insulation but 25mm will do that and increase the runner length further.

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
Would it be worth going 12mm Plenum spacer and 25mm Manifold insulator? That with the CAI. Many people suggest a bigger TB but is that really worth the extra $$? its only a daily drive and im just looking for some more low down torque and a nice note.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Personally I think the 12mm spacer is less of an issue than is often made out, I say this because my spark plugs have always told me another story. I also believe the larger TB to be a bit of a wank, I'll know that for sure when I whack one on mine as the TB inlet is the smallest part of my 14PSI setup. For N/A though, there's just no possible way your TB is a restriction.

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
Thanks mate, has helped a lot :) Going to place an order for the 25mm Insulator right now.

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Cheap and easy.

Sort out your ins and outs. So, CAI/manifold spacers for the intake, and headers/100 cell cat/2.5inch exhaust for the outake.

That'll cost you about $1500 installed and manging

DON'T get a high flow cat, they sound crap on the V6. Contact Not_an_abba_fan. he should be able to deliver extractors and a cat back to your door for around $700. Cat back you can fit yourself, and the extractors shouldn't set you back much. Then get some MACE stuff and go from there.

venerableChicken

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
in regards to the bigger TB on a NA v6, put one on my vs a while ago, did not give any more noticible power, but way better throttle response. Wouldnt bother if I had an auto, but ifyou have a manual an like to drive, it is a little piece of awesome