Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Ecotec] VU V6 mods

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
Hey guys,
I have just bought a 2001 v6 vu ute, it is completely stock. I'm wondering what are the best mods to do, preferably DIY and nothing too expensive, would love it to have a nice note to it. I'm up for any suggestions.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Cheap and easy.

Sort out your ins and outs. So, CAI/manifold spacers for the intake, and headers/100 cell cat/2.5inch exhaust for the outake.

That'll cost you about $1500 installed and manging

CUTSICK

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Series 1
CAREFULLY remove all the badges, clear side indicators (ebay $15) (If it doesnt come out with them)

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
Cheap and easy.

Sort out your ins and outs. So, CAI/manifold spacers for the intake, and headers/100 cell cat/2.5inch exhaust for the outake.

So you reckon do all of them?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Cheap and easy.

Don't forget the tune to make it all worthwhile. A Mace stock Memcal would do the trick, there's also The1 and I believe Delcowizzard on this site that can knock up some sweet maps. Another $100-160. If you do average kms per year you should make the money back in fuel savings over 12 months.

Or you could just save up another $3.5k and force feed it ;)

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Just depends how deep your pockets are? Roller rockers and exhaust is the first few things I'd do and then a good service :)

capsey7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU Ute V6 3.8L
Not too deep, not looking to spend any massive amount of money, probably around $1500 total, exhaust, CAI and manifold spacer is something that I'm going to do, as they are not too expensive and the CAI and manifold is something i can do myself.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY s m5 supercharged
If I had my time again I would spend $1500 like this

Headers with twin cats and a 2nd hand HSV cat back exhaust, should set you back around the $1000 to $1200
look around for some good 2nd hand 1.9-1 rockers around $200 to $300
That would be about your $1500 gone but if you do get something for the lower end of my price range which you could if you look around I would then ask The1 for a mail order tune he charges around $150
You can also run some extra duct to the air box and run them under the head light for a CAI. I wouldn't spend the coil on something like the mace one just yet..