Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX 2000 - help needed

PhilChorusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive v6
G'day everyone!

It's been awhile since I've been on the forums asking for some help. What I need to know is jacking locations for a VX Commodore! Photos or even a video would be great
I'm absolutely dumb, I have put my car onto ramps before. However, I need to replace the front brake pads and rotors so needing to know exactly where the jacking locations are would be great start for a VX Commodore "I can't understand the diagram rubbish"

This would be my first time ever changing any brake pads and rotors, so it's going to be a good learning experience
I will need to know the torque values for the wheel nuts and caliper bolts

Apart from that, other issues I am having is there's no water coming out of the windscreen washer bottle! The jets are not blocked I've unplugged these and cleaned the jets with a pin and before plugging the jets into the hoses I checked to see if the water would spray out but nothing at all.. So I am assuming that there's a blockage either in the windscreen washer bottle or the hoses

Could someone kindly tell me how to remove the windscreen washer bottle and hoses? Photos would help!
Thanks in advance

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
As for the washer bottle, you can just pull the pump out and flush the bottle. Disconnect the wiring plug and pull the pump out. There is a filter on the pump, clean that.
As for jacking locations it depends on the type of jack you are using, let us know so we don't have to explain things that aren't necessary.

Dayvo

Because i can
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series 2
Hey mate, not having a go at you but in the start of the post you say you absolutely dumb then you say you want to replace pads and rotor. Maybe you should leave brakes to the experts till you gain some more experience. Again not having a go at you just better to be safe than sorry when it comes to brakes :)

PhilChorusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive v6
As for the washer bottle, you can just pull the pump out and flush the bottle. Disconnect the wiring plug and pull the pump out. There is a filter on the pump, clean that.
As for jacking locations it depends on the type of jack you are using, let us know so we don't have to explain things that aren't necessary.

Thanks or your reply mate! I got a trolley jack and some stands

PhilChorusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive v6
Hey mate, not having a go at you but in the start of the post you say you absolutely dumb then you say you want to replace pads and rotor. Maybe you should leave brakes to the experts till you gain some more experience. Again not having a go at you just better to be safe than sorry when it comes to brakes :)

No offence taken mate LOL! I really cannot leave it to the experts due to money wise. I have everything I need to replace the brake pads and rotors so there's no problem there - I just need to know the jacking locations for a VX Commodore, torque values for the caliper bolts and wheel nuts

I have rebuilt my VR V6 engine from scratch back in 2015 including installing a complete new exhaust system. So I do have a fair idea what I am doing
just never replaced brake pads or rotors before... :)

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
Thanks or your reply mate! I got a trolley jack and some stands
I use the two rails that run along the floor for jacking and the stands, with some timber between to avoid any damage.
Caliper locking bolts 30-34Nm
Wheel nuts 100-125 Nm.
I personally don't torque them, after many, many years you get a feel for how tight.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Make sure you grease the caliper slide pins with caliper slide pin grease.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Some help for you:

Attachments

• VT Standard Brake Pad Replacement.pdf
    729.9 KB · Views: 124

PhilChorusch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive v6
I use the two rails that run along the floor for jacking and the stands, with some timber between to avoid any damage.
Caliper locking bolts 30-34Nm
Wheel nuts 100-125 Nm.
I personally don't torque them, after many, many years you get a feel for how tight.

Ah yes! I know about those two rails :cool: other question is that where do I place my trolley jack to get the car up? LOL
Only 100~125 Nm. For the wheel nuts? That's insane it just can't be, in my opinion that's too low in torque! One would think the wheel nuts would be 220~260 Nm. What I would do is tighten to 110 Nm than to 225 Nm just to be sure, to be sure!!! LOL

Thanks again mate :)