Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX 2001 SS Sedan - Camber / Wheel scraping noise

VX01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-01-SS
Hi there, I have a VX 2001 SS - Sedan, on 18" and is lowered (all existing before camber kit - with no problems) then i got the camber kit done by Holden about a month ago (due to excessive trye wear - the usual camber problem).

The problem is 2 days ago I drove about 400km with no passenagers and slight scrap at bumps nothing to major, but on return trip with passenagers (3 kids) - noticed servere scraping when dips or bumps in the road coming from the left rear (wheel scraping on guard i think). So got the shocks replaced (by NRMA) - thinking that may of been the source of the problem....

But surprise surprise - with the same passenagers (3kids) the scraping noise came back still only occurring on the left side and onlyat dips/bumps.

In brief:- no tyre wear, the rims i have had on the same car for like 3 years without problems......HELP thinking camber kit might be stuffed????

Any one with ideas - all the help is appreciated......

slepar

omg duz it like...dose??
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn ss
u need to roll the guards or raise it, the camber kit bring the wheel back towards the guard more wich causes it to rub, when u didnt have the camber kit the wheel would of been cambering in more

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
^^ yep what he said.

VX01SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX-01-SS
Thanks mate, but why is it only scraping on on side? if it was the camber kit would both sides be scraping and not just one? But thanks anyway will look into how much to roll the guards. Cheers!

DLFHUB666

GIT 'EERRR DONE!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS, PX Ford Ranger XLS Dual cab
did they set both sides to the same setting? they should have given you a read out of the camber. maybe your left side spring is clapped out . is it possible that you had more weight on the left side of the car. thats all i can think of ATM.

Dearle_18

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VX II Berlina
g'day
i've got scraping on the front left in my VX II Berlina at low speed when turning left (ie. Parkways etc)
I had camber kit and wheel alignment done. THEN got front bushes replaced and that's when i noticed the scraping.
Any ideas??
Cheers