Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

VX Acclaim Bonnet Switch?

Stattogirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman
Thank you so much I did look in there but could not see anything at all. So I put the screw driver down and wiggled it around and the wires moved. I will have a greater look when I'm home. Thank you greatly appreciated!!

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Thank you so much I did look in there but could not see anything at all. So I put the screw driver down and wiggled it around and the wires moved. I will have a greater look when I'm home. Thank you greatly appreciated!!
For now grab a trig or something and jam it down on the inside pushing the contacts apart.

Stattogirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman
This is what I found hiding

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200311-135246_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20200311-135246_Gallery.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 138

Trevor loves holden.

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore

Stattogirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman
Yip thats it, I see its showing bare metal tape it or if it touchers earth beep beep, if you want the original then go to wreakers, Or Jaycar, supercheap and get one, the twin clip just slides on the new one.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=11&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjVyZ2VyJHoAhU8yjgGHT8_AWYQFjAKegQIAxAB&url=https://www.jaycar.com.au/door-switch-with-metal-fascia/p/LE8777&usg=AOvVaw1RaP7doCD1xf_1WzoRMray
I'm just waiting on the wreckers to get back to me. I can not thank you enough for taking the time to help me today its greatly appreciated!

YEA.355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 355, VP BERLINA, KENWORTH 408
My battery kept draining over night... so i had a look around and saw that I had a random positive wire in my engine bay coming from the aftermarket alarm under the dash
Turns out it was for the bonnet pin switch which was missing for some reason so i put in an aftermsrket one from jay car and fixed the battery drain problem but i could only find the positive to connect to the pin switch.
Does anybody know if there is a negative that is supposed to be there too?