Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx commodore strut towers

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx commodore executive l67
You do realise your just like everyone else, just straight to the get off the drugs, do you not realise that people can have a disability that effects memory, way worse then drugs

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
I sure do, my niece has ADHD and my extended family has worked with mentally disabled people for the better part of my life so I'm well aware thank you.

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
I sure do, my niece has ADHD and my extended family has worked with mentally disabled people for the better part of my life so I'm well aware thank you.
Yes we'll you need to understand the older you get the worse it can get, all depends on how bad it is at the start but you would know that wouldn't you, and I don't believe your are well aware because if you were you wouldn't jump right into what you just said, I'm sorry but not called for

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Actually don't bother answering me, I'm removing my account from this and I'm going elsewhere, somewhere that people don't judge me, good-bye and I'm leaving some feedback on you

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s cracked sealant.

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sticky thinking going on. Any challenge to to sticky thinking can result in meltdowns and irrational thoughts. Then unregulated creative thinking concludes that a particular cause is occurring and then the anxiety gets going. However its unregulated and based on no evidence other than that imagined up as being logical, only its the opposite. Those processes should be a 1 out of 10 and unregulated they become powerful and are considered 9 out 10 to justify the lack of subconscious regulation. Like an alternator with a buggered regulator over charging a battery. It all ends in tears. There has to be an awareness of when its occurring and learn to go to a huge amount of effort to focus on facts and focus on the moment. Don't spend too much time in imagining the past or future occurrences. It's about now. Right now.
I deal with it everyday. All of it and more. Unfortunately I have to yell at him to anchor his attention for just a moment. I don't like it. Then I'm telling him to calm down. We bring focus onto what is happening in the moment that is not the sticky thought topic.

The forum is yelling now because no other attempts have worked.

Forgetfulness, sure, but the thing is no matter what anyone says, you've got stuck that a certain issue is happening, and its not. You're choosing to ignore things, not forget them. We are advising to chill and take on the advice. Focus on the factual information.

I have shown the product to use and repair what you can see in the other threads.

So...

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 10.38.19 am.png

So further to all that I thought I post how that section is constructed and so you can see and understand it's panel sealant that's cracked. Above shows where the seam sealer is used in bold black.

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 10.53.29 am.png

Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 10.53.44 am.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-02 at 10.53.58 am.png

There is no seam weld there to crack. The strut tower is spot welded to that panel. The panel that has the strut tower is spot welded in place. No seam welds. The circles indicate where the spot welds are that need to be drilled out to remove the section.

Last edited:

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have also gone out to my car and taken some photos of the area without other parts to distract.

With the wheel removed and the wheel well shroud out, you can see some of the seams and spot welds for the strut tower. They are spot welds. The depressed circles are the spot welds. The two parts are also glued with the adhesive seam sealer. The sealer looks a bit like a weld because of how it’s applied via the sealant guns. Has a bit of a wrinkle in it.

IMG_3050.jpeg

IMG_3051.jpeg

Fu Manchu

Reaction score
Members Ride
IMG_3054.jpeg

IMG_3053.jpeg

IMG_3052.jpeg

The sealant is used to adhere the panels together, it is used there because it flexes and the sealant is flexible (to a point).

There are only spot welds. No other types of welds.

The strut tower and the panel it’s spot welded to are two separate parts. There is no solid metal to begin cracking.

The sealant has aged on yours and begun to crack rather than flex.

You can see underneath near the spring the metal is folded under and spot welded.

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sticky thinking going on. Any challenge to to sticky thinking can result in meltdowns and irrational thoughts. Then unregulated creative thinking concludes that a particular cause is occurring and then the anxiety gets going. However its unregulated and based on no evidence other than that imagined up as being logical, only its the opposite. Those processes should be a 1 out of 10 and unregulated they become powerful and are considered 9 out 10 to justify the lack of subconscious regulation. Like an alternator with a buggered regulator over charging a battery. It all ends in tears. There has to be an awareness of when its occurring and learn to go to a huge amount of effort to focus on facts and focus on the moment. Don't spend too much time in imagining the past or future occurrences. It's about now. Right now.
I deal with it everyday. All of it and more. Unfortunately I have to yell at him to anchor his attention for just a moment. I don't like it. Then I'm telling him to calm down. We bring focus onto what is happening in the moment that is not the sticky thought topic.

The forum is yelling now because no other attempts have worked.

Forgetfulness, sure, but the thing is no matter what anyone says, you've got stuck that a certain issue is happening, and its not. You're choosing to ignore things, not forget them. We are advising to chill and take on the advice. Focus on the factual information.

I have shown the product to use and repair what you can see in the other threads.

So...

View attachment 250018
So further to all that I thought I post how that section is constructed and so you can see and understand it's panel sealant that's cracked. Above shows where the seam sealer is used in bold black.

View attachment 250019
View attachment 250020View attachment 250021
There is no seam weld there to crack. The strut tower is spot welded to that panel. The panel that has the strut tower is spot welded in place. No seam welds. The circles indicate where the spot welds are that need to be drilled out to remove the section.
That has help me out so much dude I appreciate that big time

ItsJockey1996

Reaction score
Members Ride
View attachment 250027
View attachment 250028
View attachment 250029

The sealant is used to adhere the panels together, it is used there because it flexes and the sealant is flexible (to a point).

There are only spot welds. No other types of welds.

The strut tower and the panel it’s spot welded to are two separate parts. There is no solid metal to begin cracking.

The sealant has aged on yours and begun to crack rather than flex.

You can see underneath near the spring the metal is folded under and spot welded.
Now it's made it alot more clear now, thanks for the information, it makes more sense to me now, I appreciate it mate taking the time to explain it to me