Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Vx series ii whole dash cluster stopped

VXCOMMONWHORE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series II
Hi Guys,

I was driving to work today and my whole dash cluster stopped working, i have no tacho, speedo, water temp, fuel gauge, AC switch doesnt work, cruise doesnt work, cant go into mode on the switch, all lights on the dash doesnt work

still have indicators and interior lights on the dash just non of the functions....

Anyone have this happen before or know how to fix it????

PLEASE NEED HELP ASAP

VXCOMMONWHORE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series II
Yep all seem fine, and what makes it weird i still have my ODO on the cluster and its working....

VXCOMMONWHORE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series II
Yeah thats my next option, at the moment ive disconnected the battery to see if it will reset the system if thats fails its a trip down to my mechanics cheers

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
try unplugging your abs module
sounds like a problem with the CAN line

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If the fuses are ok, and resetting the systems by removing the battery terminal does no good, then it could be that the cluster itself has failed in some way.. If theres any problems with the serial communications in the vehicle, it should log an error code to show that theres a problem. When the battery terminal was removed, any logged error codes would have been cleared, but they will still show up under error code history, or the code will log again once the vehicle has been either started or driven again if the problem still exists. Id get the error codes checked first to see if that can point you in the right direction as to whats going on with it..
One more thing that comes to mind, sometimes modules like the BCM or ECU can retain power even though the battery is disconnected, and so they wont reset. If the problem wasnt fixed by removing the battery terminal, then try removing it again, but once its removed, turn the ignition key to start a few times to drain any leftover power from the electronic systems.

VXCOMMONWHORE

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vx series II
So had an Auto elect out and found error code 17, cleared it and seems to be ok for now, but we worked out everytime if was happening was because of the rear demister was blowing it out so the BCM was going mental with the issue and shutting everything down well that was his opinion and he just suggest hard wiring the demister, anyone hard wired the demister??

haha

cheers for the help guys

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
code 17 in BCM is a problem with data communiction
the BCM is not directly connected to the demister
the BCM turns on a relay which controls the demister
you could try replacing this relay,
but i feel you have not found the cause yet
code 17 in ECU is coolant temperature sensor